Should I start running my miles in boots?
Create Post

Should I start running my miles in boots?

To prepare for the Marines? Do they still make you do PT fully dressed with your boots on?

Similar Threads:

PT during boot camp is done in PT gear, not boots and utes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    PT during boot camp is done in PT gear, not boots and utes.
    They don't do the CFT anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    They don't do the CFT anymore?
    I should've been more specific.....daily PT is in PT gear and I'm sure the CFT is done in boots and utes.

I should've been more specific.....daily PT is in PT gear and I'm sure the CFT is done in boots and utes.
    I don't want to split hairs with you here, but he asked about PT, not "daily PT". Actually I'm not sure there is a difference between daily PT and PT -- it's all PT.

Any way I just spoke with my soon to be brother in law who just finished bootcamp last year and he said they PT'd in boots and utes. Probably to prepare for the CFT or just because it's more realistic and that's part of the program?

At least it was when i went through back in the day...

What are you referencing your information on, maybe it's changed since my peeps went through?

Hi Wookie...I guess things have changed when my nephew went through boot camp 3 years ago. Oh well.
    Have a good one!!!

So it's a yes then? I should

Yes but not everyday, realistically, boots and utes is bad for your knees, hips and back. Maybe do it twice a week, and not for very long strenuous amounts of time maybe run some sprints in boots, I would honestly not run more than a mile and a half in boots and utes.

Thank you for that advice, first time ever running in boots today, here's what I did:
    1 mile with boots, it took about 9 minutes, but it was up hill the whole time and I mixed in 100 push ups with it. Ill do this again in a couple days and hopefully I'll get faster with them.

Is that ok for a first?

Hi Wookie...I guess things have changed when my nephew went through boot camp 3 years ago. Oh well.
    Have a good one!!!
    No worries, I am sure it changed, and changed, and changed again.

You will PT in both during bootcamp. You'll do your runs and intervals, as well as most of your calisthenics, in green on green PT gear. You'll do your CFT, as well as the obstacle course and confidence course, in boots and utes. You'll do alot of running in both, so practicing running in both is probably a good idea. I don't, however, think you should go out and run 5 miles in boots as its tough on your ankles, knees, and IT bands. I would do sprints once or twice a week in boots (as the CFT is a half mile sprint) and do your distance runs in go-fasters.

There is a difference between hurt and injured when it comes to pt, hurting after a work out, or the day after is good to go, but don't let it become an injury. Just know your limits and you wilk be ok.

Thread Information