What is a good MOS field to go into?
Create Post

What is a good MOS field to go into?

I'm currently a poolee in the Marines and I'm leaving in one month to Parris Island. I'm looking for a good field to go into. I'm looking for something that deals with some combat. My Dad is a Marine and told me he doesn't want me to go into the Infantry. I'm looking for professional information from those who have served or are currently serving. I was looking into the combat support field which consists of Tanks, Artillery, Amphibious vehicles, and anti-air. All the advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any mos is a good one!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Combat support is a good field, I have a few good friends that are trackers(AAV's) and they love it. You pretty much get to do a lot of the good high speed training the infantry guys get to do.

MOS selection is a personal choice though, all of us here could tell how glorious one MOS is over another or vice versa. We could also tell you about all of our experiences and war stories but ultimately it's up to you and what you feel you'll fit in well with. Also keep in mind with the Marine Corps winding down our role in the different campaigns, what you end up doing in a particular MOS may be completely different from some of our experiences within the same job.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW2011 View Post

just don't be a cook.

That's about the dumbest advise i've seen you give
    on this forum.
    I don't know how much the new "Professional MarineCorps " respect each other.
    But, on a personal level and speaking from BTDT experience. Some of the best
    people/Marines i have ever known were MarineCorps COOKS. And they did a Job
    above the conditions they were operating in.

IMHO, New Marines should be proud to be able to provide to the standards
    of MarineCorps Cooks of the past.

Your question is like an IED. We would be foolish to answer your question without personal bias. I can confidently surmise that 99% of the responses will favor that respondent's MOS.

Thanks for the information and advice. Im just doing some research and seeing how Marines that are doing it or know someone who does likes it. I was gonna do security forces like my dad but I heard it is a bad MOS. But again thanks.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you have the scores, go Intel.
    You'll be glad you did both in Service and out $$$$$.

Thread Information