What to Do
Create Post

Thread: What to Do

What to Do

Ok here's the deal. I enlisted in the Navy to take a crack at BUDs and become a SEAL. In the BUDs prep program I had some bad luck and ended up with a stress fracture in the neck of my femur 2 weeks out from leaving for BUDs. With any kind of medical drop comes a 2 year waiting period to re-apply for BUDs.

There's not too much in the regular Navy that interests me. I know, I didn't really plan on getting injured and that is my fault. So I really want to join the Corps and do something that puts a rifle in my hands where people are in shape and are motivated. Does anyone know if I can lateral transfer (yes I know I would have to attend boot camp again) to the Corps? I've only been in the Navy for about 6 months. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure you gotta wait to finish off your contract, maybe try and become a corpsman and go green side? They might as well be Marines, they hook and jab and slay bodies, and Marines have tons of respect for them.

And they wear our uniform, eat, sleep, pray, and live with us. "might as well be" was the wrong choice of words on my part, they ARE Marines.

Some of them are. Some of them are not. I have met some great corpsman, and I have met some dirtbags. I guess you could say the same about Marines too, though.

I kinda figured I was stuck here. Hopefully I can pick a job with mostly shore duty and not end up on a ship. Thanks guys.

Thread Information