PFT Help
Create Post

Thread: PFT Help

PFT Help

Hello Marines and Poolees,
    My PFT score is 1st class with a score of 263. But my run time -----. I've been around smokers my whole life (I've never smoked) so my lungs give out easy. So when I run my lungs give out long before my legs. Any help would be much appreciated! I know theres a lot of runners out there and any help would be nice. I hold the record at the RSS I do Pool Functions at with 33 pull-ups. My crunches are 87. And my run time... drum roll please... 22:00.
    Respectfuly,
    Eames

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-25-12 at 02:38 PM. Reason: language.

Quote Originally Posted by EamesTimothyH View Post
    Hello Marines and Poolees,
    My PFT score is 1st class with a score of 263. But my run time sucks. I've been around smokers my whole life (I've never smoked) so my lungs give out easy. So when I run my lungs give out long before my legs. Any help would be much appreciated! I know theres a lot of runners out there and any help would be nice. I hold the record at the RSS I do Pool Functions at with 33 pull-ups. My crunches are 87. And my run time... drum roll please... 22:00.
    Respectfuly,
    Eames
    My first platoon Sgt. chain smoked Marlboro reds and could run faster than anyone in our Battalion. I saw him smoke a butt before a PFT once and he still beat everyone. Sooooooo,, get off that excuse. OK? Plenty of Marines smoke and run, not at the same time, but it happens. Your lungs give out because it's doubtful you are breathing correctly, might be a little anxiety/the adrenaline rush misleading you.

Breath. Breath deep. That is one of the reasons why singing cadence helps bad runners, beside the moto factor. Don't run and try to look pirty, suck air and exhale big the whole time.

Get out there and run. Nothing improves your running like running, same goes for swimming. You can mix it up, do a day of sprints, next day do a long slow run, followed by a run on hills, followed by a short fast run, followed by a trail and daily seven run.

Push yourself -- 22 minute 3-miler is what my grandmother does in her wheelchair.

Good luck

Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Thread Information