Drug Tests
Closed Thread

Thread: Drug Tests

Drug Tests

I am asking this question for a co-worker who is interested in joining the Marines. He has been taking anabolic steroids for the past few months for body building contests, and was wondering if they will show up in the drug tests. He said he was taking (I may not be 100% right on the names) Test E, trenn, and one other I do not remember the name of. He said he will be finished in another month, and then will not take them anymore.

I told him if he wants to be a Marine, he needs to stop messing around with that kind of stuff, and clean up. He responded with once he is finished, he is going to be 100% focused on becoming a Marine.

If anyone knows if it will show up in the tests, or how long he should wait for it to clear his system 100%, I will pass the information on to him.

Thank you for your answers and for your service.

Quote Originally Posted by sfdgnasty View Post
    once he is finished, he is going to be 100% focused on becoming a Marine.
    This is what most addicts say, they think they control the drug.

Don't waste your time on him, and I hope the Corps doesn't either.

I hate steroids and losers that use them.

I fully agree with that. I see no use for them. Expecially at a young age when your body is full of testostirone. Thank you for your responce. I will tell him that if he cleans up his act, and gets himself away from it for a few months or a yea, then to go for it. Will everything be out of his system by then though? I hope for his sake, he didn't ruin a future with the USMC by trying to 'get big'.

Thank you for your reply

Remind him that a legendary football player lyle alzado died from the after effects of it> some kind of cancer. He was a fool to even start messing around with them.

Stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Quote Originally Posted by sfdgnasty View Post
    trying to 'get big'.
    The thing is, while there are PLENTY of large/big Marines -- I prefer Marines who a small, strong, fast, and agile. And in the Marine Corps, there are far more of those guys then the former.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    This is what most addicts say, they think they control the drug.

Don't waste your time on him, and I hope the Corps doesn't either.

I hate steroids and losers that use them.
    Well said Mike .
    I agree !!!

Thank you all for taking the time to answer me. I believe 100% he is wasting time and money on supliments that are not needed. the "Small, strong, fast and agile" statement is what makes the most sence to me. Hopefully he cleans himself up if this is what he truly wants. Me on the other hand, I am just dreading that tattoo waver I am required to get, not the physical conditioning ahead of me.

Thank you all again
    -Sfdgnasty

To answer your question directly no they do not usually test for steroid use. In the **** test they only test for marijuana meth and cocaine there might be a few others but steroids is not one of them. Supplements are not bad inorder to get bigger supplements are required but if he is using something from the banned list like jack3d he will pop for meth and be denied enlistment.

Not sure if steroid use is waiverable, but he should get with a Marine Recruiter and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    To answer your question directly no they do not usually test for steroid use. In the **** test they only test for marijuana meth and cocaine there might be a few others but steroids is not one of them.
    They also test for opiates, ie: Heroin .

Steroid tests are quite expensive, and the will only test you for steroids if they suspect that you are using them. Steroid use can be dangerous, however. If your buddy is taking steroids in his teenage years, he may run in to quite a few complications later; including a lack of testosterone in his twenties.

Thewookie; I don't think that steroids are chemically addictive. The guy should be able to stop whenever he wants, but will lose some of the size that he has gained thus far. If this individual is serious about becoming a Marine, then he should quit the steroids and get back to the straight and narrow.

Depending on the type of steroids that your buddy is using, they may stay (detectable) in his system between 4 days and 18 months.

Thank you for the direct answers. I just sent him the responces in which you have all made, and he said he will be coming off of them, both for his health and his country.

Thank you all again!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Questions asked.
    Questions answered.
    Thread closed.

Thread Information