Questions About a MOS.
Create Post

Questions About a MOS.

Hello everyone, I have a couple questions about this specific MOS. I have sat down and thought it through, and I weighed my options and decided to join the Marine Corps. I'm interested in the MOS 1833, it's my first choice. I would like to know exactly what they do, besides amphib operations, and delivering Marines. What will I be doing on the daily bases, will I get deployed on LHD's, and where could I get stationed?

Thanks, D.J. Lindsay

1833 is part of the CE contract, you also have the chance of getting 0811 or 1812 too. Meaning artillery or M1A1's too.

What is a CE contract? I'm going to see a recruiter in December.

Means you need to do some more research about enlisting obviously. I figured it out, so can you. Try googling MCO 1130.53 for a start.

A CE contract is combat support. If I'm correct. I've researched it all day. Now how do I go about getting this MOS, I'm an excellent swimmer.

Thanks for that MCO Marine!

Luck of the draw, that being that the contract is available to the RS you ship from in the first place, then the Marine Corps decides where you'll go from there. All of those jobs are pretty good.

So with 1833, swimming ability really doesn't matter?

Thread Information