Marine Corps Security Forces
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post Marine Corps Security Forces

Hello Marines,

I recently enlisted in the Marines and while I have almost a year until I leave, I must pick a job within these next week. i have looked into Security forces and i wanted to hear from some Marines who have taken this route a little more about this job. I want to know what a security force Marine does on a daily basis and what their job really entails. Also i want to know where they travel or where they may be stationed and I am curious about what Marines learn and do in the security forces school.

Thanks!

How about filling out more of your profile....and while this is the Ask A Marine forum and we are here to answer wannabes & poolees questions about wanting to become a Marine and MOS's, this MOS has been covered many times before here on Leatherneck.

first, better fill out your profile or a squad leader will lock the thread,,

second the new Security force is just that very new,, and i don't know how much information anyone here has about it, but you can go to youtube and inter the name or Marine TV and it will come up if you enter Marine security force it should come right up,, but if you enter Marine TV you will have to look for it..

You should do a site search, there is a lot of information on security forces here.

There are a few, myself included that served with security forces, so if the site search return doesn't return what you are looking for you can ask specific questions.

Good luck

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Security Forces,
    I recently graduauted from the Basic Security Guard Course (BSG). Its at NWA Cheasapeake, VA. You go here after ITB at SOI and Recruit Training. It does not matter if you are a UW or UV contract, the FAST or PRP Marines are compleletly decided once you get here, its not random Its based on performance (GPA). The BSG course has two parts, a Combat Weapons part (3 weeks) and a Physical Security and Tactics or PhyTac part (2.5 weeks). You shoot the M1014 Shotgun, M16A4, M9, and M240B in Combat Weapons. If you are 8th and I you must Qual on the M9 well. In PhyTac you do mainly Guardhouse and Guardmount and MOUT. Shoot blanks and sim rounds. Alot of PT at BSG, Instructors are very knowledged, and help you but if you mess up here you will have an NJP and dropped to MAT platoon for a long time. If you are 8th & I you must not get in any trouble and nothing happens special for you here, Although once you get here everyone here (NCO's and higher) can tell you all about PRP and FAST, no one knows anythung about 8th & I, theyre are no Instructors here from there only one Troop Handler and he doesnt talk about it, he cant. I graduauted the Gungho Marine of my class, two awards are Honor Grad and Gungho. Honor Grad promotes too LCpl. You should like it here at BSG, dont get in trouble, be squared away and you will do well. Im Motivated and still going, im in DC now. Ill disappear just like we all do so, OOHRAH and goodluck! -LCPL M.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 12-18-12 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR8154 View Post
    Security Forces,
    I recently graduauted from the Basic Security Guard Course (BSG). Its at NWA Cheasapeake, VA. You go here after ITB at SOI and Recruit Training. It does not matter if you are a UW or UV contract, the FAST or PRP Marines are compleletly decided once you get here, its not random Its based on performance (GPA). The BSG course has two parts, a Combat Weapons part (3 weeks) and a Physical Security and Tactics or PhyTac part (2.5 weeks). You shoot the M1014 Shotgun, M16A4, M9, and M240B in Combat Weapons. If you are 8th and I you must Qual on the M9 well. In PhyTac you do mainly Guardhouse and Guardmount and MOUT. Shoot blanks and sim rounds. Alot of PT at BSG, Instructors are very knowledged, and help you but if you mess up here you will have an NJP and dropped to MAT platoon for a long time. If you are 8th & I you must not get in any trouble and nothing happens special for you here, Although once you get here everyone here (NCO's and higher) can tell you all about PRP and FAST, no one knows anythung about 8th & I, theyre are no Instructors here from there only one Troop Handler and he doesnt talk about it, he cant. I graduauted the Gungho Marine of my class, two awards are Honor Grad and Gungho. Honor Grad promotes too LCpl. You should like it here at BSG, dont get in trouble, be squared away and you will do well. Im Motivated and still going, im in DC now. Ill disappear just like we all do so, OOHRAH and goodluck! -LCPL M.
    Good info Marine. Doesn't sound like much has changed, but I am sure a lot of the content has. Good to have you around. Peek your head in here from time to time to help us old timers keep it real.

Is the Mariner still there?

Thread Information