Extra security interview
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member neverquit10's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Extra security interview

Hi, Let me start this with it has been a long journey for me. I have been waiting now for two years and finally was given my chance. Jumped through one whoop for a waiver. Jumped through another to get a charge dropped for being in the wrong place with the wrong people. I can back that up as truth due to the judge dismissing my case without question before I even had to face it in court. Either way I never quit but now it appears I have to jump through one more hoop. I met with a FBI investigation agent. Who was investigating my backround for enlistment. I guess because I did have one charge on my record they selected me for extra screening. After sitting down with him and he drilled me for two hours we discovered that some of the information that was entered into my online screening forms that I did not actually fill in was incorrect. This was done for me by my Recruiter from my understanding a standard practice. Regardless he did not like it when I answered differently to questions like. Do you have a passport? Have you been out of the country? When, Why, With who? And then corrected a whole lot of information on my references and work history. Many of those were just typos. He did go on to inform me that the passport questions and travel out of the country did not look good. And that changing them now may look bad. I then explained to him that the hard copies of all these questions in writing had all of this information. However he told me that none of that really mattered and that what was posted online did. Have any of you Marines heard of this practice? I know he was legit because I asked my Recruiter and the agent for his credentials. And he produced them and I was told that it was rare but not unheard of by my Recruiter.

No I have not. Although I also have never had a record, and my recruiter didn't fill out my paperwork answering questions only I would know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had filled out hard copies of most of the questions already in my package. Except some of those did not ask some of the questions such as. Do you have a passport. The investigator said its not rare to have a recruiter fill it out just not too often. And if i could do one thing I would go back in time and slap the **** outta myself. I look at my record as a blessing. It is what got me to straiten up. And taught me the life lessons I know today. I can only go up from here because i will never go back to where i was. People can make excuses and say its not bad to smoke weed. I know i feel better and am a better person for stopping.

Last edited by neverquit10; 08-04-12 at 10:10 PM. Reason: typo

Something's wrong here. I'm very surprised the recruiter filled the application on your behalf because it is a Federal violation for a third party to complete a federal document on behalf of the intended party.

Federal regulations mandates a federal agent present credentials to subject prior to proceeding with any official activity I'm under the impression that you ask for the credentials after the interview? The role of the agent is to confirm the information you supplied, not to interrogate and become upset with your response. Your answers are your answers, and his personal comments should never enter into your interview. If suspicious, that would be in his report, never thrown in your face.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I asked if it were a problem, and he told me what he thought. I also asked before the interview. He told me its not illegal if I had filled out hard copies of this and he then entered it online. The thing that confuses me. Is that I have no memories of completing any of these forms. I know that its possible I am just forgetting due to the fact that between four meps trips in two weeks. Things got a little hectic. I would be going down to the office to fill out this forum or sign this one etc. Im going to give my recruiter a call about it. Or go see him. Mainly because ill find out what my job is as well.

Thread Information