Question about Sea Service Ribbon
Create Post

Question about Sea Service Ribbon

I have a quick question about the Sea service ribbon. I arrived at okinawa june 10th 2010 and will be pcsing june 1st 2012. i already recieved the first award, but will i be recieving a second? is the ribbon awarded for the 12 months including the date you arrived, or is it just the month? thank you

Going off of...
    http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...s03top102.aspx

A. COMPLETION OF A 12 MONTHS TOUR (CONSECUTIVE OR ACCUMULATED)
    AS A MEMBER OF A FMF COMMAND OUTSIDE CONUS. ONLY ONE AWARD MAY BE
    AUTHORIZED FOR ANY 12 MONTHS PERIOD.
    ONE ADDITIONAL SSDR WILL BE
    AWARDED UPON COMPLETION OF EACH ADDITIONAL 12 MONTHS PERIOD. THIS
    CRITERIA APPLIES TO MARINES/SAILORS SERVING ON 36 MONTHS TOURS AS A
    MEMBER OF A FMF COMMAND OUTSIDE CONUS.

Going off of the order, it doesn't specify, however... going off of...
    http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...seaservice.htm
    (Not a .gov, but seems hopeful)
    A standard 14-day waiver of the 12- month accumulated sea duty/duty with FMF is authorized as long as the 90-consecutive day deployment requirement is met. The 12-month accumulated sea duty requirement is waived for those Navy and Marine personnel who were called to sea duty or deployed for Operations DESERT SHIELD or DESERT STORM (during the period 2 Aug 90 - 31 Dec 91) to qualify for this initial award. This waiver does not affect second and subsequent awards of this ribbon. Second and subsequent awards will be earned for each additional 12-months of qualifying service in which a 90- consecutive day deployment occurs.

I would assume that because the mentioned waiver specifically falls on the first award, that the exact day is what the intent is for all subsequent awards.

I have no actual experience of course however, so take that with a grain of salt, good luck.

Thread Information