Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mail call

is ok i got the time

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by micarr57 View Post
    is ok i got the time

Ditto !

You guys are killing me! As I recall, back in '75 I received a letter from my (Career Army soldier) brother's wife containing a key ring with the Marine Corps emblem on it. In those days, we had to literally 'slap' the letter out of the DI's hand, one on top of the other...Only this time he held on to it.......I knew I was in trouble as I had 'slapped' something and it was burning my fingers! He said, "That better not be what I think it be, boy! OPEN it!" Man, was I ever relieved to see that it was a key ring! After that, I ALWAYS signed my letters, 'Please don't send anything in the letters!, Mack'

Jeez you old salts. Hip huggers and bell bottoms... not sure how epic the pics were but I'd still like to see them. Yes we get snail mail. My brother is there right now and I wrote him a letter. Also what is SWAK? Maybe Im just too young for that. My girl at the time sent me some pictures the bulky letter definitely caught my Sr.'s attention. He was impressed and even though I was thrashed my Sr let me keep them. Totally worth it.

Cool Swak?

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    Jeez you old salts. Hip huggers and bell bottoms... not sure how epic the pics were but I'd still like to see them. Yes we get snail mail. My brother is there right now and I wrote him a letter. Also what is SWAK? Maybe Im just too young for that. My girl at the time sent me some pictures the bulky letter definitely caught my Sr.'s attention. He was impressed and even though I was thrashed my Sr let me keep them. Totally worth it.
    Sealed with a kiss! Man, you really are a newbie! LOL! Oh, and BTW, I think being an old salt is cool!

Why SWAK though? Girls would put on lip gloss or lipstick and actually put their lips on the back of the envelope. Different times I guess. Ha Being an Old salt has it's perks. Ill be there one day but I still have my young yrs in front.

Oh hell by the time we went to bed at night we were so tired we didn't care about fondling our self's , we wanted to go to sleep so we could wake up for the next morning to see they would hit us with...
    Sex was no way close on our or my mind !!!!
    just graduating from boot camp..

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    what is SWAK?
    S.W.A.K.

Sealed with a kiss........

I got a letter with SWAK and a stick of GUM.
    Drill Instructor said,
    "Since she cared so much to seal it with a kiss,
    You open it the same way she sealed it."

Dropped it onto the deck ,
    and said "pushups while you open it...."

So, Uncounted pushups later, CHEATING all the time, LICKING and nibbling anyway i could catch that envelope to get that back flap open !!!!

Like i said,,
    MEMORIES.

OH, i had to eat the gum, wrapper and all
    before i could rise from doing pushups OPENING....

Thread Information