Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread: Why I owe my Mother
05-22-12, 10:23 AM #1
Why I owe my Mother
Why I Owe My Mother ....
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTION-ISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA ...
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .
"Stop acting like your father!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING ..
"You are going to get it when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
And my favorite:
25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
Only you folks my age understand these profound statements!!!
But, there is one missing from this list~~My personal all time favorite!!
My mother taught me about CHOICE.
"Do you want me to stop this car?"
05-22-12, 11:10 AM #2
05-22-12, 11:18 AM #3
05-22-12, 12:48 PM #4
Good to Hear You Captain Kirk,You look like me,we both have the same hair line .You look Fit Enough Good-Keep On Keep'In On.Bless You Captain Kirk.......
05-22-12, 02:18 PM #5
I love it!
05-22-12, 03:58 PM #6
- .... . / ..-. . .-- --..-- / - .... . / .--. .-. --- ..- -.. --..-- / - .... . / -- .- .-. .. -. . ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
All Marine, All The Time...
05-23-12, 11:08 PM #7
Sgt. William Pilgrim Jr.
06-12-12, 08:32 PM #8
That is Widom.
06-13-12, 01:18 AM #9
My eyes are sweating badly, Please help me !!!
Sgt. William Pilgrim Jr.
06-17-12, 10:34 AM #10
why i love my Mother, very much
09-20-12, 10:09 PM #11
They say God, don't make mistake!
Thanks God, for chosen the woman
these eyes has, had the privilege of calling
09-21-12, 09:28 PM #12
That is very true doug, like the old saying went i brought you into this world and i can take you out, a friendly reminder said by our mother
semper fi and god bless doug
stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf
10-29-12, 04:26 PM #13
Now I get it! Haha I think I've said each of those (or a variation of them) to my son while raising him, and he's at MCRD SD beginning week 2 today. I DID raise that (soon to be) Marine. (I needed the smile today, thank you)
12-23-12, 12:33 PM #14
Reminds me of my mother... Great Post
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)