Semper Fi Society
    St Louis
    13 November 2010
    John F. Kelly
    Lieutenant General, U. S. Marine Corps
    Commander, Marine Forces Reserve and Marine Forces North

This is a Marine Blog: I follow "One Marines View" who
    posted it on his blog, and I'm posting it here because
    we are Marines, this is a long speach, but a good read.

http://www.onemarinesview.com/one_ma...ne's+View)

They have a Semper Fi Society in St Louis, huh?

Who runs it, I know it started here in Boston and I heard they were branching out.

I've been to the past 6 or 7 balls they've put on here, great time.

I heard General Kelly speak at the Boston Semper Fi Society this year -- hell of a Marine.

His Son was an enlisted Marine, saw combat in Iraq, (two tours I believe) got out, got his degree, got commissioned, and then was KIA after stepping on a landmine in Afghanistan. RIP, Sir.

2nd Lt. Robert M. Kelly , 29, had stepped on a land mine while leading a platoon of Marines in southern Afghanistan. He was killed instantly.
    http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/mi...d80d96b47.html

I too went to the last ball in Boston, and not only heard his speech, but also had the honor meet him face to face, and have a short conversation. My father actually knows the men who started the Semper Fi Society, and one of them grew up with Lt. Gen. Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by cgl82845 View Post
    I too went to the last ball in Boston, and not only heard his speech, but also had the honor meet him face to face, and have a short conversation. My father actually knows the men who started the Semper Fi Society, and one of them grew up with Lt. Gen. Kelly.
    Nice, if you go next year we should link up for a beer, on me.

Sounds good, sir I'll more than likely be going again.

Sounds good, sir I'll more than likely be going again.
    Ooooooh no, thanks for the respect, but I put my pants on the same way you do, Leatherhead -- please don't call me sir.

I go up with a group of guys from my area, south shore/cape area, we can just about fill a table -- one of those Marines is an Iwo Jima Veteran, his son is the Chief of Police in my hometown. That Marine is awesome, a true hero.

If you want we can link up and I'll get you at "my" table.

I ran into my last OIC from CQB school last year, one hell of a hard charging Marine.

Haha just showing some respect. I actually sat at the table with the men who helped start the Semper Fi Society all the way at the front maybe you would be interested in linking up there. I don't know if you have seen generation kill, but one of the Marines at the table, who is friends with my father, was 2nd Recon and is actually really good friends with Sgt. Rudy Reyes and they actually have some sort of security business together. I had to pick his brain about Sgt. Reyes a little bit. Regardless we will meet up somewhere there.

Credits
    Savings
    good speech. printed and put it on the readboard for my Marines to read

Haha just showing some respect. I actually sat at the table with the men who helped start the Semper Fi Society all the way at the front maybe you would be interested in linking up there. I don't know if you have seen generation kill, but one of the Marines at the table, who is friends with my father, was 2nd Recon and is actually really good friends with Sgt. Rudy Reyes and they actually have some sort of security business together. I had to pick his brain about Sgt. Reyes a little bit. Regardless we will meet up somewhere there.
    Absolutely, we will link up. So you sat with Tommy Lyons and his crew, interesting. Small world.

I honestly only met these gentlemen the on time, so I can't remember their names. If you look on my profile though there are a couple pictures of me meeting Lt. Gen Kelly

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Ooooooh no, thanks for the respect, but I put my pants on the same way you do, Leatherhead -- please don't call me sir.
    "PANTS"..... "PANTS"..... Marine's wear "Trouser's"...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    "PANTS"..... "PANTS"..... Marine's wear "Trouser's"...!!!!

When I was on active duty, over ten years ago, they were trousers - now they are pants.

Do you still call a flashlight -- a moonbean? Sneakers -- go fasters, etc.

Thank God, I finally found out what the hell a moonbeam is.

Thread Information