15 college credits motivation
Create Post

15 college credits motivation

Hey Marines,

I have a couple questions, first my process has been slowed down due to the fact that I took to many online classes during high school. So when my recruiter sent my transcripts to MEPS the denied it. Then it was stated that I need 15 college college :/

To me it took motivation away from me, but I am still not giving up and I am going to try my absolute best to achieve these credits in a summer semester, gunna be really tough but im guns go for it.

So my question, I am sure some Marines here have either done this or know someone who has, so I was wondering what classes did you take ? Or what do I gotta do to make sure I do this right as well as any other information on this subject, or self motivators someone could throw at me would be great.

Thanks so much Marines

Shipley, there's a stick on this at http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ion-start-Here although it doesn't really answer your specific question, and I take a little exception to the "Cracker Jack box" reference. Quite frankly, I know many a young person who does not have an "accredited" diploma who are intellectually superior to their counterparts, and when they enter college, excel, but be that as it may, if you want to enlist without that magical "accredited" diploma, you will need to get 15 college credits, and my understanding is that they have to be 100 level courses. You can PM afraziaaaa and ask. He is a recruiter and would know more.

If I was in your shoes, I would take the course catalog down to the recruiters, see if they will sit down with you and make sure the courses selected you get credit for. It should not be too difficult. During the summer most colleges offer condenses courses where they give double credit in half the time, but the courses are longer and require more work. Good luck.

Thanks for the response MOS4429, sadly my high school is accredited, its just the fact that I took online classes that got it denied. But I have taken as many steps as I could with out being in the classes so far. Thank you as well for letting me know that the classes have to be level 100 classes too, I have never heard that before so that helps. Thanks for your info sir.

You're welcome. Yeah, that is sad that such great importance is put on being in the classroom. It's actually kind of weird because you can take a lot of classes at college on line, get credit, posted in your transcript, and no where will it indicate they are on line. They are classes that are just as good and viable as sitting in a classroom and I would imagine would count toward 15 credits.

Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Are you talking semester credits? That's very difficult to do in one summer because that's potentially more than one semester. After I got out, I never took more than 12 or 14 credits per semester, but these were 300-600 level classes. (Earned my AA while enlisted.)

A semester long class compressed into a summer is potentially 3 hours of lecture M-F. Usually people don't take more than 1 or 2 classes at a time during the summer sessions.

yes sir, that's semester credits. Seems difficult but im up for the challenge.

Credits
    Savings
    During a summer session, 6 units usually considered full time. Have you looked at the past schedules to see if you'll even be able to take or schedule 15 units? The college may not let you schedule yourself in for 15 units.

Night and weekend sessions may not be offered during summers so that makes things more difficult.

I had a 15 hour load only one semester and that was not a summer semester. I have to admit it was tough. My GPA took a hit during that semester but I have to admit all the classes were either math, physics, or statistics. I would recommend you don't kill yourself attempting to fit 15 class 100 (or above) hours in a summer semester. Spread it out in two semesters.

Believe me....the Marine Corps will still be here when you complete your requirements.

Thread Information