My Wavier Dilemma
Create Post

My Wavier Dilemma

First let me start by saying I have used the site infrequently, however I did read the sticky about waivers and the Tattoo section specificlly as it is the one that applies to me.

ME: 25 year old(when I first went to MEPS), have never been arrested or had any documented or undocumented run ins with the law, good credit, associates degree, scored in the 90's on the ASVAB, passed an IST but I have 5 tattoo only ONE of which is visable in the PT uniform but meets the standards of being able to cover it with my four fingers. They are loacted on my chest,back, ankle and foot(top of the foot, cant see it while wearing socks). no of my tattoos are in any way offensive or gang related.

My Story: When I first went to the recruiter in June of 2010 i was told i may run into trouble because the tattoo on my chest was slightly visable while wearing a Charlie shirt with no undershirt, under regs my tattoo had to be documented and photographed wearing the charlie with no undershirt for a waiver to pass. I took it upon myself and spent the next 8 months and $2000 having that portion of the tattoo removed. in March 2011 The recruiter then started my package and waiver process. I was told my waiver would go ABOVE district level waiver and would go to MCRG. In May 2011 I went to MEPS, asvab'd, meet with the MEPS doc who medically cleared me and also specifically annotated that I had laser Tattoo removal done and that the tattoo was now gone(I watched the Doc write it in my file). After all that I had to have a phone interview with a Captain, an in Person interview with a Major(who both passed me on with there recommendation that I be enlisted), had to have references submitted(One State Congressman and 2 Police officers both Marine Vets) and contacted and was told my waiver went up to a General, who reviewed it and sent it back to my recruiter to clean up some of my photos and to add missing documents and was resubmitted. I am still waiting and every time my recruiter calls his OPS-O they tell him "we are still working it" and wont give him any details, now i know a SSGT is in no place to demand an answer from a Captain but from my standpoint its still frustrating.

In fairness I was warned this process could take 3-4 months and I have been happy to wait but as we approach month 10 I am wondering what the oppinion of the members here may be, if anyone had a similar experience, what you think I should do/are there any additional steps I can take. A friend told me to contact my local Congressman and see if they can find any answers but I dont want to make it seem like im going over anyones head or maybe that is exactly what I should do, i just dont know.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Marine Hopeful Please Fill Out Your Profile So We Know Whom We Are Speaking To, Site Rules Thank You For Your Cooperation. Then We Can Help You

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Closed, waiting on a profile.

Thank you

Anyone?

Just hang around for a while, there's a current full time recruiter that stops by from time to time.

Alas...all you can do is wait it out. Just the way it is I'm afraid.

Thread Information