Cleft Palate
Create Post

Thread: Cleft Palate

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Cleft Palate

Hello Marines,
    I was born with a cleft palate and I'm starting the process with the Corps, I've read that everything is fine as long as a cleft palate has been repaired. My cleft palate was repaired at birth but I also had some bone from my hip grafted to my upper dental ridge at age 11 (now 24) and a cosmetic surgery at 12. There have been no problems with my cleft or any of the surgeries to date.

I talked to my recruiter for the first time today and I told him about my cleft and the surgeries and he said I may or may not have to get the medical records. I'm just wondering if any of you Marines has gone through a similar situation with a cleft and whether or not you ended up having to get your medical records or even a waiver?

It's going to be a PITA to get those records from 12+ years ago, doable but a PITA.

Thank you again Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercase View Post
    Hello Marines,
    I was born with a cleft palate and I'm starting the process with the Corps, I've read that everything is fine as long as a cleft palate has been repaired. My cleft palate was repaired at birth but I also had some bone from my hip grafted to my upper dental ridge at age 11 (now 24) and a cosmetic surgery at 12. There have been no problems with my cleft or any of the surgeries to date.

I talked to my recruiter for the first time today and I told him about my cleft and the surgeries and he said I may or may not have to get the medical records. I'm just wondering if any of you Marines has gone through a similar situation with a cleft and whether or not you ended up having to get your medical records or even a waiver?

It's going to be a PITA to get those records from 12+ years ago, doable but a PITA.

Thank you again Marines.
    Please complete your profile so we know who we're talking with. Site rules.

Thread closed until profile completed. PM me when done and I'll re-open it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Profile is complete, thread re-opened. Thanks UC.

Thread Information