Medical Question Help!!!!
Create Post

Medical Question Help!!!!

I am 17 years old a junior in high school. I have been looking into the Marines and its the path i want to take in my life. I have been looking into the medical disqualifications to see if anything disqualifies me. My freshman year during football i fractured my right scaphoid bone in my wrist and i had to get a metal screw put in. I have full movement of my joints and i have no pain at all in or around my wrist. Well last year during football i fractured my RIGHT scaphoid bone but not as severe and I wasn't required surgery. Just a cast for about 3 months. I have no pain or any discomfort at all in either of my wrists. Everything feels great. I was wondering if this would disqualify me from enlisting in the Marines? This is a dream to join the best military service around and I want to be apart of it.

No one here can answer that question.Talk to a recruiter when you are ready to start the enlistment process,the requirements may be different and are subject to change.

From my experience, which as mentioned may or may not be relevant, I actually broke my scaphoid while I was in the DEP and it didn't impact my ship date or anything. I was in a cast for 6 weeks, everything healed, and I was good to go.

Shouldn't be anything to worry about at all.

Thread Information