i don't understand
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

i don't understand

the minimum AFQT score for the marines is 32 i got a 34 i know its low but its still above the minumum but i got a GT score of 92 which covers most of the MOS i am interested for yet my recruiter is telling me I have to take the ASVAB again?

You need to fill your profile out before a Marine gives you an answer,Semper Fidelis.

As SGT7477 already mentioned, fill out more of your profile besides a first and last name, site rules....which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

That is one long run-on sentence.
    Try using some basic sentence structure - capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks where needed, capitalize the letter "I", and periods at the end of sentences.
    And on this site, Marines is always capitalized.

Credits
    Savings
    Done.

I would say the recruiter is right, he must want to see if you can do better,Semper Fidelis.

Yup. Go find an ASVAB study book at your local library, and start cramming. You'll quickly learn that Marines don't just accept 'the minimum' as 'good enough'.

Credits
    Savings
    Understood. Thank you, Marines!

Quote Originally Posted by Cintron92 View Post
    Understood. Thank you, Marines!
    As was said, study.

Yes, the minimum is 32 nowadays.. but that is just the bare minimum for some MOS'. My MOS required a 75 I believe on the ASVAB... if you retake and get higher you don't have to limit your options as much.

Best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers

Last edited by Yonkers; 02-09-12 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Try using some basic sentence structure - capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks where needed, capitalize the letter "I", and periods at the end of sentences.[/FONT]
    And on this site, Marines is always capitalized.[/COLOR]
    What is this, a High School English 101 Class?

You will find out very soon that if you want to do just the bare minimum, the Marine Corps is not for you. Try harder and get a better score. Not only will it open more options for you and your future, it will make you more valuable.

the minimum AFQT score for the marines is 32 i got a 34 i know its low but its still above the minumum but i got a GT score of 92 which covers most of the MOS i am interested for yet my recruiter is telling me I have to take the ASVAB again?

As it was said right before me, we are not a minimum standard branch.

You can do better, just prepare, focus, and deliver.

Good luck

Minimum is 31. We are only allowed to recruit a certain percentage of people who score under 50. There is probably no room for you with that score.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Minimum is 31. We are only allowed to recruit a certain percentage of people who score under 50. There is probably no room for you with that score.
    Speaketh our resident recruiter.

You can take what he just said to the bank.

Asked and VERY WELL answered.

Topic closed.

Thread Information