On base rifle range
Closed Thread
    Credits
    Savings

On base rifle range

I've been wondering, how does the range work on base. Do you just walk up PFC whoever checks out his rifle from the armory, walks over to an open spot on the firing line with a few mag's, and then puts a few rounds down range to work on his shooting, then when he's done he heads back and checks his rifle back in and is good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyber33 View Post
    I've been wondering, how does the range work on base. Do you just walk up PFC whoever checks out his rifle from the armory, walks over to an open spot on the firing line with a few mag's, and then puts a few rounds down range to work on his shooting, then when he's done he heads back and checks his rifle back in and is good to go?
    No, it's not like that. You generally don't get to grab your rifle/pistol from the armory unless there is a reason -- not because you just want to work on your shooting. I would be nice, but it's not like that.

Credits
    Savings
    Can you tell me how it works then?

I know you want to understand how things run in the Marine Corps, but how about you take it one step at a time.....get through boot camp first, then MCT, your MOS school and then out in the fleet.

That is exactly how it works, except take the "I" concept out of it, and replace it with "we". It happens whenever there is a training or mission that applies to your unit. You don't decide when. Your unit leadership does. If you want to practice on your own, join a gun club at a firing range out in town.

You won't quite understand the unit concept now, but you will if you make it through boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    I know you want to understand how things run in the Marine Corps, but how about you take it one step at a time.....get through boot camp first, then MCT, your MOS school and then out in the fleet.
    Exactly Lisa,Semper Fidelis.

You also might want to fix your avatar too. Once you sign on that dotted line and put your feet on those foot prints the President of the United States is your Commander in Chief. You're certainly allowed to hold whatever beliefs you want about the current holder of the office, and even talk about those beliefs in private with your fellow Marines, but publicly disrespecting someone in your chain of command is extremely unprofessional.

To paraphrase my very Republican 1st Sgt in a message he sent out to all of us in Iraq when President Obama was elected -

"I've served under Presidents who's politics I disagreed with before, and I'm sure I will again, but as of this point he is your Commander in Chief and you forget that at your own peril. I'm waiting for the first of you to test me on this and think you'll get off with a wink and a slap on the wrist"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Join the NRA, get yourself a small bore rifle and enter some matches .... after you have completed boot camp and recieved Marine Corps marksmanship training. The matches are shot on the weekends.

Avatar, fixed. You have a right to your opinion, outside of this area. Unless you are a Marine, concentrate on becoming one, and leave your political opinion at the door.

Range? Basically you get told when to show up at the armory, you hand your weapons card to the armorer, thus drawing the weapon. If the range is a good distance from the armory, you'll be transported there by GOV vehicle, as military weapons are NOT allowed in your POV. Otherwise, you'll walk.

After the range, you'll get another couple of days with your weapon....cleaning it. By that time you'll be very, very sick of it, I assure you.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you everyone for the answers you have given me. I hope my new avatar is acceptable to have.

I hope my new avatar is acceptable to have.
    Yes, it is!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    If you want to practice on your own, join a gun club at a firing range out in town.

through boot camp.
    Do you know where any are around lets say Camp Pendleton. (hoping i get stationed there)

(hoping i get stationed there)
    Hoping and doing are two different things - focus on the target in front of you -- go earn the title.

This thread has been kicked around enough.

Good luck

Closed.

Thread Information