Training for Communications MOS?
Create Post

Training for Communications MOS?

Hey everyone! I recently got my MOS in Communications and I'm wondering what kind of training I'll receive. It's my understanding that I could very well be working alongside infantry, so does that mean I would go to the SOI? Any additional training besides my Comm. School?

Thanks alot.
    Poolee Sloan

Obviously it depends on exactly what MOS you get, where you're stationed, who you're attached to, etc.

Example: You get 0651. Bootcamp, MCT, 29 Palms for school. You could be assigned to work with an infantry unit, or you could be assigned to a G6 and sit in an office all day.

When will I learn all of that? after bootcamp?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsloan22 View Post
    When will I learn all of that? after bootcamp?
    You'll learn what your MOS is all about after boot camp and MCT (Marine Combat Training).

Yup, Comm School for Field Radio Operator was 2531, different now, pretty much Grunt with a Target! School 29 Palms, very boring back in the day, not sure how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Natadog View Post
    Yup, Comm School for Field Radio Operator was 2531, different now, pretty much Grunt with a Target! School 29 Palms, very boring back in the day, not sure how it is now.
    grunt sounds pretty good to me!

Don't count on it. Get used to hauling batteries batteries and more batteries. School for me was boring as well. I didn't learn squat until I hit the FMF.

Thats fine by me, I can't wait to do my part in the Marine Corps, even if that means hauling batteries

Thread Information