Can I get in?
Create Post

Thread: Can I get in?

Can I get in?

I am 24 yrs old and want to enlist. My only problem is that I have 2 dui's on my record right now. One of which is paid off already but currently struggling to get the other one paid because of my lack of ability to get a job. I am dedicated to get into shape. I already have been training and am working hard to get a good score on my asvab. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Fill out more of your profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

While this is the Ask A Marine forum and we're here to answer wannabes and poolees questions, we also encourage wannabes and poolees to do a search on the site 'first' before posting. Some will find that the questions they are asking, have been asked and answered many times before.

Medical/Mental/Criminal/Tattoo Waivers/Lying to MEPS...READ THIS FIRST
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

I have added to my profile and searched for for other threads like mine and couldn't find anything related to it

Go see a recruiter

Short answer, as long as you are 'still paying', "No". That means you are still on probation or some such, as ordered by the courts.

Yeah, you have to get the fine paid off and taken care of before they'd let you ship anyways. Talk to a recruiter in order to get a better answer. Until you get it paid of it wouldn't hurt to keep working out and getting in better shape for Boot Camp.

Thank u for all of your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenae06 View Post
    I am 24 yrs old and want to enlist. My only problem is that I have 2 dui's on my record right now. One of which is paid off already but currently struggling to get the other one paid because of my lack of ability to get a job. I am dedicated to get into shape. I already have been training and am working hard to get a good score on my asvab. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    I am afraid you wouldn't be able to do anything with any branch until all of your fines are paid. Even then, your chances are slim right now. If we start ramping up numbers again in the next few years, try back then. As an alternate, try looking into the Army and Navy. Good luck.

Thread Information