Homeless people - can they join the CORPS? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RipLi View Post
    I am very new to this fine forum. Please forgive me of any mistakes as I am not very computer/forum savvy. I am in need of HONEST answers, no matter how harsh, because honesty is the ONLY way.

Question: Can a person under 28, who is in good health, NO criminal record or mental illnesses, who happens to be HOMELESS for ECONOMIC reasons only be allowed or even considered as a probable recruit? Is this person wasting their time even walking into a recruiter's office. It happens my friend is so ashamed she cannot make a living enough to obtain a place to live, she thinks the MARINE CORPS would give her a place, and some real DISCIPLINE.

I searched the forum using the word "homeless" and found nothing, so please answer my question.

To help you understand more, she has a high school diploma. She left her boyfriend and that is why she is homeless. Freedom isn't free. Sometimes you have to leave a nice place to gain such freedom.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration of my question.
    I had nothing when I enlisted, and nobody to depend on. I was bouncing from couch-to-couch getting meals where I could. The Marine Corps made me a man, able to stand on my own two feet. I am sure she would make a great Marine.

Marine Friend Free Member RipLi's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Talking Thank You everybody

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    I had nothing when I enlisted, and nobody to depend on. I was bouncing from couch-to-couch getting meals where I could. The Marine Corps made me a man, able to stand on my own two feet. I am sure she would make a great Marine.
    I want to THANK everyone in this forum for helping me and my friend - and possibly other people too - with your advice. I really hope my friend makes it cause I will be sure to pass on this info. In all the forums I got great info and advice. Thank you Marines!

I like Drill Instructors!

Last edited by Lisa 23; 02-03-12 at 09:28 PM. Reason: On this site, you don't rate saying Semper Fi until you've EARNED the title United States Marine.

This is more or less some moto not really advice, My profile says the Marine Corps. is my home, thats no joke. Good luck and Godspeed.

Ten years ago I was in the same boat, or rather under a different bridge.

If you want to, you can, and if there is a will, there is a way.

Best thoughts for your success,

Semper Fi,

Tom

Thread Information