Enlistment/Basic Question
Create Post

Enlistment/Basic Question

I've heard some things from non-military sources but I wanted to get some real Info. on the subject, If I enlist when I'm 17 (my junior year) would I be able to go to Boot Camp after my Junior year, then come home to finish Senior year, and if yes then how would it all work out. Thanks in advance.

You need a Diploma or GED to goto boot camp I believe.

I highly doubt that there is a program like this for the Marines considering how long boot camp is compared to the time you have off at the end of the school year. Here in Georgia you only get 2 months off after you're done which wouldn't allow you enough time to go to boot camp and then come back and finish school. I'd talk to a recruiter if you're really interested though.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    There is absolutely "NO" program that exists like what you have described..

It's already been said before, Graduate and get that degree first...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think people confuse the Platoon Leader's Course and think it applies for enlisted boot camp too.

The army has a program where you can do this. The Marine Corps does not.

Quote Originally Posted by scalper96 View Post
    I've heard some things from non-military sources but I wanted to get some real Info. on the subject, If I enlist when I'm 17 (my junior year) would I be able to go to Boot Camp after my Junior year, then come home to finish Senior year, and if yes then how would it all work out. Thanks in advance.
    No

Thread Information