Good Afternoon Marines
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Good Afternoon Marines

Good Afternoon Marines, My name's Bryan and Im farily new here. I have been browsing around and reading posts before registering to these outstanding forums. First I'd like to thank all you Marines for serving and letting me be able to do the things I do everyday, because without you I couldnt do that and I just wanted to give a Thank you!

So here is my question, Ive been having the urge to join your great branch of service and work towards obtaining the EGA. Ive just been getting put down from my friends saying that I am to old to make it through because I am 26. Just curious to if you heard of older recruits and how they did starting there Marine career a little late. Thanks Marines!

Bryan....If being a Marine is what YOU want to do, then go for it. Don't worry about what your friends say about your age.
    My nephew was 25 when he first went to boot camp, and then turned 26 while he was there.

If you do a search here in the Ask A Marine forum, you'll find a few threads on age going into boot camp.

Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by EmtFox View Post
    So here is my question, Ive been having the urge to join your great branch of service and work towards obtaining the EGA. Ive just been getting put down from my friends saying that I am to old to make it through because I am 26.
    Welcome.

So...what do you say? Do you think you are too old? We often are what we think.

What is the motivation behind your "friends" saying you are too old? Do they always give you correct advice in other areas of your life?

You know what? There's only one real way to find out, isn't there?

Go see your local recruiter, and do it today. You have no time to waste.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the input Marines. I greatly appreciate it!

You just hit the nail on the head Mos4429. That's the only way to find out and I believe I can do it and I am also motivated enough to earn the EGA. I want to do something worth doing with my time on this earth and joining the Marines and working for that title seems what is important to me! Thank you and I will keep you all updated to how my meeting with my local recruiter went! Stay safe and God Bless you all!

Quote Originally Posted by EmtFox View Post
    Thanks for all the input Marines. I greatly appreciate it!

You just hit the nail on the head Mos4429. That's the only way to find out and I believe I can do it and I am also motivated enough to earn the EGA. I want to do something worth doing with my time on this earth and joining the Marines and working for that title seems what is important to me! Thank you and I will keep you all updated to how my meeting with my local recruiter went! Stay safe and God Bless you all!

Well, there you go!

Be persistent. Sometimes guys who are older may not be taken as serious, so communicate your seriousness about wanting to do this. Good luck.

Won't be easy...but it's not easy for the youngsters either! Longer you put it off, the harder it will be for you. The military is a young man's game and your clock is ticking.
    Past time to put your a$$ in gear! Marines don't talk; they do!!

Let us know what your recruiter says and good luck.

Quit mucking about and wondering/thinking/feeling and GO SEE A RECRUITER! Seriously.

Crap or get off the pot, my friend.

Thread Information