need advice in behalf of enlisted family member
Create Post

need advice in behalf of enlisted family member

My neice recently enlisted (October). She went to MEPS and swore in, and has since received her first contract with her top job choice on it (Avionics, or Aviation Electronics, something like that). She is due to ship in May of 2012- here is my question:

She recently received a summons to court for a criminal violation for which she is not guilty. Her lawyer believes he will be able to get a deal where by the result is "Continued Without Finding", she would be put on what is called administrative probation (meaning she may not get into any criminal trouble during that time, but she DOES not have any restrictions on her where abouts nor does she have a probation officer of any kind to report to). At the end of that period (likely a year) all charges are dropped and removed from criminal record.

She is going to call her recruiter first thing Monday but is worried that her ship date and contract for enlistment will all be thrown out or suspended, does anyone know what the policy is for this type of issue?

Thank you for any help

Without going into a lot of speculation on what may or may not happen, the best answers your niece is going to get is from her recruiter.

Criminal History Waivers
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...minal.-um-.htm

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Recruiters should be off Monday...try Tuesday....

Thank you all for the help!

USMC1963- yes, I think I will take up your offer and PM you, I am glad to have someone who knows some about this, thank you. And yes, it did happen in Massachusetts.

Great advice counsel, USMC1963

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    You mean "explanation", not "advice". LOL
    Well...you are correct, explanation. I figure there was a "hold harmless" clause somewhere in the advice. LOL.

Semper fi,

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    As usual, great job steping up and helping out Dave.

Wishing you and your bride a very Happy New Year

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Outstanding job USMC1963, Kudos on a job well done...

SF...

Dave, you are an outstanding resource here...another great job! Hope I never need your advice!!

Thank you, USMC1963. I just spoke with her and she said you gave a lot of good information! She seems more calm and focused on the matter now.

Thread Information