Lieutenant Colonel Karl Trenker shot in Florida
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Lieutenant Colonel Karl Trenker shot in Florida

'Don't worry kids, I'll be fine': Marine shot three times in street robbery survives... by plugging bullet holes with his fingers
    Karl Trenker confronted two men; was shot three times
    Used battlefield training to stem blood from his wounds
    He was never hurt while serving in Afghanistan and Iraq
    By PAUL THOMPSON and MARK DUELL
    Last updated at 8:02 PM on 27th December 2011
    Comments (28)

A U.S. Marine officer has told the incredible story of how he survived a street robbery by plugging bullet holes in his body with his fingers.
    Lieutenant Colonel Karl Trenker, 29, of Miramar, Florida, was shot three times as he confronted two men who had stolen a gold chain from him.
    He said he used his battlefield training from Afghanistan and Iraq to stem blood from chest wounds by shoving his finger into the gaping wound.

’I knew I was shot,’ he said. ‘I just didn't know I was shot that many times.’
    ‘I put my fingers in the holes to stop the bleeding and ran back to the truck and told my kids I had been shot, but not to worry.’
    Lt Colonel Trenker added: ‘I go to Iraq and Afghanistan multiple times, and I haven't been shot or blown up, and I'm here at home in Florida.

‘Here I am riding in an ambulance with a bunch of gunshot wounds.’
    Lt Colonel Trenker is in a serious but stable condition after undergoing emergency surgery following the shooting in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
    He said the confrontation with the robbers took place after his girlfriend Tanta Siaz advertised a gold chain for sale on Craigslist.

The U.S. Marine said he volunteered to carry out the sale and drove to an apartment complex to meet the potential buyers.
    'I knew I was shot. I just didn't know I was shot that many times. I put my fingers in the holes to stop the bleeding and ran back to the truck and told my kids I had been shot, but not to worry'
    Karl Trenker
    As he showed off the necklace one of the men shoved him and grabbed the jewellery.
    Lt Colonel Trenker said he chased after the two men when one of them turned round and opened fire, hitting him multiple times.
    He said he plugged the bullet holes while calling his girlfriend on his cell phone and calmly telling her: ‘I've been shot.’
    Lt Colonel Trenker said: ‘I dialled my phone and called my fiancée and said, 'Listen I've been shot I think three times.
    Ms Saiz said she couldn't believe he had been shot and that he called her.

‘I mean, it's amazing to me how this guy had been shot this many times. I mean, he's Superman, you know,’ she told WSVN News.
    'I mean, it's amazing to me how this guy had been shot this many times. I mean, he's Superman, you know. He's talking to me just as calmly as I'm sitting here talking'
    Karl Trenker
    ‘He's talking to me just as calmly as I'm sitting here talking.
    ‘He told me: “I've been shot three times, my fingers are in the bullet holes, the police are going to take care of the kids".'
    Officers responding to the shooting found 20-year-olds James Flournoy and Jeff Steele close to the scene.
    Both men remain in custody without bond and face attempted murder charges.
    Doctors have told Lt Colonel Trenker he will make a full recovery from his wounds and can return to work at the Southern Command Headquarters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1hqqPa3Tq

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    A 29 yr old LtCol...??? Seems rather young.. graduating college at about 22 then training at OCS, and such...

I'm curious....!!

Credits
    Savings
    The paper got it wrong. He is 48 with 29 years service according to a Marine that commented on the article who claims to have served with the LtCol.

Selling a gold chain at an unsavory location? Something smacks of stupidity...Lt.Col.or not. Craigs list is an accident looking for a place to happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
    Selling a gold chain at an unsavory location? Something smacks of stupidity...Lt.Col.or not. Craigs list is an accident looking for a place to happen.
    That thought crossed my mind also.

Healthy Choice here

Lets not go to speculation till we get the Facts Brothers, Remember Rumors. Buy the time the true Facts come out on this guy he will be a 13 yr old General

He's the Plans Officer at MARFORSOUTH.

Thanks Top

Hello Sir,

This is just a note to say I hope you are well and am very glad you were able to adapt to the situation to be here with us today. Get well soon.

Thumbs up USMC LtCol Trenker Video - must watch

USMC LtCol Trenker, unscathed veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, comes home to be shot. When asked if he was "shocked," his response was, "No. I was ****ed off." LtCol used his Marine training to plug the bullet holes with his fingers.

Here is a link to his outstanding interview at the hospital:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45824433#45824433

Wait for the picture of the two upstanding Americans that shot LtCol Trenker.

Last edited by MOS4429; 12-30-11 at 04:15 PM. Reason: editing

Too bad the LtCol can't take these bad boys into a cage to get acqainted before they head off to prison for the rest of their lives.

You catch that at the end of the interview?

What is interesting about this is the disbelief the news reporters had regarding he using his training to plug his wounds with his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    A 29 yr old LtCol...??? Seems rather young.. graduating college at about 22 then training at OCS, and such...

I'm curious....!!
    I thought the same,lol,Semper Fidelis.

He's 48...and should know better...

Thread Information