Woodpecker Damage - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    Why didn't you make it out of a more durable material?
    My house? Wood is pretty normal here on the East coast, some brick and stucco here and there, but wood is the norm.

What were you thinking, kevlar?

Quote Originally Posted by Trucrimsongold View Post
    Do what any Marine would do and here is the link: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/70280-55.html
    If you are worried about the noise buy 22shorts they sound like a pelet gun when they are fired you just have to shoot them one at a time because the shorts don't have enough explosion to cycle the next round in a semi..
    You really don't pay attention much before you post, do you. You just say what you want, I get it. I have a .22 -- pay attention. You even quoted me saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    My house? Wood is pretty normal here on the East coast, some brick and stucco here and there, but wood is the norm.

What were you thinking, kevlar?
    A play on words...I took woodpecker and made it into two words..wood pecker, thus insinuating that you may have a wooden you know what....sorry...bad joke!

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    A play on words...I took woodpecker and made it into two words..wood pecker, thus insinuating that you may have a wooden you know what....sorry...bad joke!
    I got it now, easy on the tough jokes -- we're all Jarheads here

I have a friend that has a woodpecker land on his chimney cap occasionally and peck away for about 10 minutes. Makes a nice machine gun kind of sound.

So is the gas soaked rag doing the job? If not get your BB gun out and give the thing a shot in the ass everytime you see it. It'll get tired of being stung and you won't get in any trouble with the Game Commision. Spring loaded BB gun won't have enough power to hurt it and if you have one of the pump BB guns just give it 2 pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by acg8276 View Post

So is the gas soaked rag doing the job?
    So far, it actually is. I'm sure the gas has dried, but the smell is working. Gotta half day today, so I'm going to the range after work, going to confirm my zero. Just in case.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    neibor lady asked me one day if i knewhow to get the woodpecker to stop chippin away at her house....didnt know if she was a bird lover or not i said i had heard they make owl lookin things that mite scare them off....she sorta mumbled something ...so i said i do have a 20 gage shotgun...she said that was sorta the way she was leaning...so i lent her my 20 gage and a few rounds....cupple days later i hear a shot......cupple weeks later i run into her and asked if she had solved the problem...yes she sed ...one shot one woodpecker...i was real carefull how i behaved around her till i got my shotgun back from her
    have a friend here that when we were growing up used to make fun of my last name....wasnt a good idea sense his last name was woodcock...i called him ceederpeter once...we had a fight and stoped makin fun of each others last names...are still friends

Thread Information