Have you had that Feeling
Create Post

Have you had that Feeling

I've been in the Pool since 20100401 and I got a call from my Recruiter to get ready I'm leaving tomorrow.

I've gone through this scenario in my head and have been like "Man I'm going to kick ass, get me out of this civilian life". However the opposite is what happened. I had the biggest pit in my stomach, kinda like your g/f telling you out of the blue she is pregnant or standing on a ladder/house and looking down and getting vertigo. I almost felt like running and saying, "**** this" but after some breathing tips into a bag and thinking it through I was much better.

Then my recruiter called me back and said, "I was kidding, you still leave in Feb and you got intel still".. I was both happy and sad at the same time.

My question, Marines.. did any of ya'll have that feeling? That bottomless pit feeling of just scared ****less? If so, did it dissipate when you got to Bootcamp or did it take quite a while to get rid of?

Thank you Marines, I very much appreciate it.

Well Robert, that is a natural reaction to getting news about something you have been stirring over for a while. Don't worry, though. You will only feel that way for a very short time, because when you put your feet on the yellow footprints, everything changes for you. At that exact moment in time, your entire world becomes centered on moving forward, and you feel nothing but what is in the second that you find yourself in. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    Well Robert, that is a natural reaction to getting news about something you have been stirring over for a while. Don't worry, though. You will only feel that way for a very short time, because when you put your feet on the yellow footprints, everything changes for you. At that exact moment in time, your entire world becomes centered on moving forward, and you feel nothing but what is in the second that you find yourself in. Good luck!

Out of curiosity, how have you been in the DEP for so long? I DEP'd in August of 2010, and when I shipped out 7/25/2011, I was approaching the one year mark...

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    Out of curiosity, how have you been in the DEP for so long? I DEP'd in August of 2010, and when I shipped out 7/25/2011, I was approaching the one year mark...
    I got the date mixed up, my mistake. Still haven't really got use to writing the date in that format. Sorry about that

I shipped out crazy early I'm not even suppose to be gone yet, my recruiter convinced me to ship out early and yes I felt the same way, then I grew a pair and said lets friggin go. As I told another poolee and ill end up saying it 100 more times, you'll be fine.

Last edited by ChrrySkoal; 12-29-11 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Friggin periods......

I did get that oh crap what did i do feeling until I seen the sign for Parris Island out of the buses window. Now I see that sign every day when I go to work.

Thread Information