Married marines forced to eat chow hall - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    A Master Sergeant told you to do it, so you obviously wore white athletic socks underneath your wool socks, right?

Otherwise, I feel like I've been lied to about how the Marines of last generation were perfectly obedient and so much better as the USMC was run as a "military organization" compared to now.
    Well, lets look at it like this. You joined the Corps. They didn't join you. They pay you to work for them. They don't work for you. They have rules and regulations, just like any company in the private sector does. If you have a problem with authority, or think the rules don't apply to you. Get out a find a job that will cater to your cry-baby azz.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    With that shiat eatin' grin and the hand in Chesty's pocket....he is probally scratchin' his nuts...and sayin' fuk all this stupid shiat!

Just go to chow or go to work...Quit Biatchin'...you already had formation!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    After bein married all these years I wouldn't mind a chow hall somewhere close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Well, lets look at it like this. You joined the Corps. They didn't join you. They pay you to work for them. They don't work for you. They have rules and regulations, just like any company in the private sector does. If you have a problem with authority, or think the rules don't apply to you. Get out a find a job that will cater to your cry-baby azz.
    That is correct that every company has rules and regulations. The problems occur in organization when shifts in mission focus, personnel reorganization, and technology are not accompanied with changes in rules and regulations.

Without changes in the rules and regs, but a change in mission focus, a culture of confusion is created through the organization, The USMC. In which standards are being enforced that do nothing to help with productivity, in effect hurting productivity.

I.E. Rules and regs were updated in accordance to battle formations when technology changed with the introduction of the machine gun.

In the example, with the idea of white socks. The wearing of white socks in working uniforms i.e. utilities / coveralls for undisclosed reasons, with the most prominent being cited by many staff NCOs as uniformity. The mission focus in the Marines has changed from having a groupthink mass of Marines to Marines at the lowest leadership levels who have the ability to think about situations and adapt to best suit them thus helping the Corps and Nation as a whole, through General Krulak's promotion of the "strategic corporal".

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    We have always had Marines at the lowest level of leadership, who had the ability to adapt to the situation at hand. The difference is, do you adapt to suit your own benefit? Or do you adapt to suit the welfare of your brother Marines. That's all we need in combat, is a bunch of Marines running around, each doing what he personally thinks is the best thing.

Cry baby....

Tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    You know Billy....the thought pounces in my mind about "If the Marine Corps wanted you to have a spouse....they'd have issued you one.". Doesn't matter if you are married. Or your parents have 6 figures in the bank at home. Or you know someone that knows someone that knows someone. You're a freakin' NON NCO...first year or two Marine? I'm guessing? Just play the monkey and suck it up. You'll appreciate the boredom later when you are a civilian bustin your butt to feed that wife and 3 kids.....

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman73 View Post
    Cry baby....

Tissue?
    ,Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information