welcome aboard tin
Create Post

welcome aboard tin

There was this packet in there about the stuff i should learn before boot camp. As i was reading it this card fell out and i read the back where it says that it will be attached to a pool card and brought with me to recruit training. Is this really going with me to training? the card asks why i am joining the marine corps.

Cant wait to earn the title Marine

My recruiter told me the card was sort of like a 'token' to refer to as a way to boost motivation. He didn't say anything about taking it to boot camp. :/

All I got was the knowledge book and a shirt. No tin.

so i shouldnt really worry too much about it?

You dont need at all during training I didnt have mine because God gave me a grape with a brain in it so I remember why I do stuff and the reason or motovation that will get me through it...youll be fine, I promise

My Sgt just gave me my tin on Tuesday this past week. So I know what you are referring to now. He threw half my stuff away since I ship in less than a month.

I was on the island for four months due to an injury, everyday at 04 I'd wake up and remember why I joined it suck not being in trianing I hated it and eventually I would wake up already motivated after a while you'll start feeling that Esprit de Corps and just hack the rest of the day.

When I was in Bootcamp my recruiter sent me a paper I signed in the DEP program that said why I joined for "Motivation".

This Tin is not going to help you in boot really. It's more of a "welcome aboard, feel special" type of thing. I got one, but I have yet to ever use it. This website is a much better resource for information on boot, these are real people with real life experience.

The card is for when you are at Recruit Training and you start to second guess why you are there. Your recruiter will send the card to you, and hopefully that will motivate you to finish and graduate.

Can't speak for the card, but learn the knowledge. Pvts and PFCs come back from Recruit training all the time and say "I didn't know my rank structure, and I got ****ed up for it" or the likes. We really pound it in at our RSS now.

Yeah I just swore in on the 3rd, and got the tin with all of that when we got back to the office. I had to fill out that little thing asking why you joined too. However we had very little sleep the night before and left to go to MEPS at 0400 and didn't get back until 1800, so I felt my writing was rushed and didn't express my pride. They told me that they would send you that same card later on in Boot Camp, so you can have some extra motivation. I ended up writing my own version the next day, knowing what will keep me going, and will have it mailed to me.

Thread Information