Talked to my Recruiter
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Talked to my Recruiter

Hello, My name is Shea Mac Intire, and I'm hopefully joining the Marines very soon. I've talked to my recruiter, and he said to come on down to the office, and I can work out with them. I was wondering what this "working out" consists of, I agreed without hesitation, as it seems like a great oppurtunity to get to know basic idea of what some PT is like. But I was just wondering if there is anything expected of me. He did a questionnaire of my history on the phone, and knows my specifications. I was just wondering if this is common or not. Thanks in advance.

(A Hopeful soontobe-recruit)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamac View Post
    Hello, My name is Shea Mac Intire, and I'm hopefully joining the Marines very soon. I've talked to my recruiter, and he said to come on down to the office, and I can work out with them. I was wondering what this "working out" consists of, I agreed without hesitation, as it seems like a great oppurtunity to get to know basic idea of what some PT is like. But I was just wondering if there is anything expected of me. He did a questionnaire of my history on the phone, and knows my specifications. I was just wondering if this is common or not. Thanks in advance.

(A Hopeful soontobe-recruit)
    Talking to the recruiter does not create ANY obligation on your part. It is merely a conversation and, truth be told a sale pitch, of course. You don't have to buy. Of course, the Marine Corps doesn't have to accept you either if you don't qualify for some reason. The "buy-in" works both ways.

If he is inviting you to a Poolee PT session, it's worth your time to try it out. PT in the Marine Corps isn't optional, its required and necessary. But Poolee sessions aren't full fledged Marine workout sessions, they're designed to build you up to a basic standard.

No Ur not a poolee yet so there is no expectations, try a pt session out with them, u might get a good workout if there a good rss station, plus u can learn some cool cadences

"...and I can work out with them. I was wondering what this "working out" consists of..."

Fairly light PT is what the poolees would do in our area. When I had track practice, a group of poolees came down to "work out." Some days they ran 4 to 6 laps, which is a mile to mile and a half, did some callisthenic. Other days they would do callisthenic and then play football. I never saw them do much that was strenuous, but there were a few who had a hard time, I noticed, running more than 2 laps.

But, just go on down and find out. This group that came down during practice, I would go talk with a few. Most were poolees, but a few were in the situation you are in "prospective poolees." This is a good thing. You want to get to know the recruiters, develop a rapport with them.

Credits
    Savings
    Well.. first PT session was hell. I liked it. But hell. We went on a 7 mile run through the city, no resting, with 100 squats, 500 jumping jacks, and 60 pushups half way in between. My recruiter said sorry to be after, which I thought was funny. I guess this RSS is a competition winning group. But although I threw up a few times, and fell behind once or twice, I caught up, and made it in.

Credits
    Savings
    Haha, and yes, a bit way into it a fellow recruit was telling me to sing with them, which I was trying but I didn't nor couldn't understand the words. So I know, bits and peices of like 5 or 6 different ones.

LOL! Good job. Keep it up but be careful you don't do too much at once. Good way to get injured.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    From the owners manual of a 1976 corvett.... until engine is broken in do not exceed 8,000 rpms and do not exceed 65 mph in 1st gear.

If you went on a 7 mile run on your first pt session I'll eat my hat.

Credits
    Savings
    Start eatin'. Ha. I mean, why would they change there PT for me. Almost everone else there was an experienced recruit. But man, I thought I was sore yesterday. I'm hating it now.

Thread Information