MEPS and nerves
Create Post

Thread: MEPS and nerves

MEPS and nerves

I'm a little nervous about MEPS. I just think they will find something some little thing wrong and not let me join the Corps. I know its not a right to serve and i really want to...is this nervousness normal?any tips?

Tips? what have you done to earn a gratuity

If you care, you will probably be nervous when facing a major event, or the possibility of.

Experience will suppress nerves, but you don't have it, so just breath from the stomach and pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Tips? what have you done to earn a gratuity

If you care, you will probably be nervous when facing a major event, or the possibility of.

Experience will suppress nerves, but you don't have it, so just breath from the stomach and pay attention
    I like this. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Eric, I would say it is normal, absolutely, the way things have been going lately. Look at all the threads on this site about being disqualified for the slightest thing, and this because of the fact of downsizing and the fact that thousands are trying to join up when there are not that many openings, and yes, they do look at things under a microscope, unlike prior eras. So yeah, day in and day out--reading what I do here??
    Absolutely good reason to be nervous, even if you thought for sure that there is no possible reason for a DQ in your case.

Just hang in there, though.

As for tips, I'll leave that to others who have been in a little more recently than me
    thank you it gave me comfort and reality of how the corps is downsizing

When I went through MEPs, I did feel nervous as well, this was back in '09, so not that long ago. Once you go through the Process and Swear In, you'll understand more then why you were nervous then you can even think of. It's a great feeling to know that you are doing something not a lot of other people are doing. If you don't feel nervous about this then you are either 1) Too cocky.. or 2) A heartless individual who doesn't care. If you were either of those two, you wouldn't have really cared for joining. As long as you don't have any criminal background or didn't lie to your recruiter, you'll go to MEPs, Swear in, and then go back home to your family and work/pt/attend pool functions until the day you ship.

And as for tips. Just keep your head up and stay out of trouble.

It's perfectly normal. Just know this though, MEPS is not a happy place. So if you are lucky, you'll do two visits: When you DEP in, and when you ship out. I was very unlucky and went 5 times. MEPS is a pain in the ass, but you'll get through it, and as long as you didn't conceal anything major, you'll breeze right through.

MEPS: Military Entrance Prevention Station (or so it seems)

Thread Information