Mos 5591
Create Post

Thread: Mos 5591

Mos 5591

Are there any other 5591s still breathing?

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Is that MOS someone who joined in 1954 and is still in service? I would venture to say there are not too many of that MOS around.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt-andy View Post

How about 1375s

joseywales
    Guest Free Member

5591 and still drawing breath.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt-andy View Post
    I was a 5591 Field Music/ Bugler assigned to III MAF Drum and Bugle Corps at I Corps Hq. in Danang. Lew Walt liked Drum Corps. My secondary MOS was bunker builder. This was '66- '68 and not Spanish American War era. Stateside, I played Taps over scores of Marine KIAs. That was rough. '' The Commandant's Own'' at 8th & I in Washington is the only Marine D and B left. Buglers are now Old Corps relics and kind of hard to find.

Mos 5591

[QUOTE
    Dave glad to hear that you are still around. I graduated from Field Music School in 1954. School used a instruction
    book dated 1935. Same year I was born.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Frank

=Dave Clark;846441]I was a 5591 Field Music/ Bugler assigned to III MAF Drum and Bugle Corps at I Corps Hq. in Danang. Lew Walt liked Drum Corps. My secondary MOS was bunker builder. This was '66- '68 and not Spanish American War era. Stateside, I played Taps over scores of Marine KIAs. That was rough. '' The Commandant's Own'' at 8th & I in Washington is the only Marine D and B left. Buglers are now Old Corps relics and kind of hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Please fill out your profiles as per site rules or your posts will be deleted.
    Thanks

In 1954 and out 1958. Was your MOS 5591?

Still breathing. Field Music School in P.I. in Feb. 1969.

Thread Information