Camp near Lejuene
Create Post

Camp near Lejuene

I was sent to a small area close by for radio van and generator school back in '69. We were told this is where they sent the black Marines to train during WWII. I have been raking my brain trying to remember the name of the place. Can anyone help me out?

Credits
    Savings

Montford point...............

Not sure though ? I just heard about that being their bootcamp back in the day.

Hey !! Looked it up it was Montford point ! http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...d-_nXYuWZrNEhA

Montford Point is correct. It is at the back gate of mainside Lejeune across the bridge from Sneeds Ferry. A lot of good Marines were trained there.

Yup, Montford Point it is.

Isn't Montford Point now named Camp Johnson after the first black SgtMaj, "hashmark" Johnson, I thought I was told this at one time! curious!

Maurice

montford point was the place an it was used for supply school training and corpsman school in the earley 50's

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldgunny View Post
    montford point was the place an it was used for supply school training and corpsman school in the earley 50's

Still is Guns (at least Field Med school is). I was permanent personnel at FMSS in 1973.

Montford Point was also a brig retraining command during the early 1950s. I was with ICo 3rd Bat 6th Marines. Our Company provided the brig guards for about two or three months.

Camp Johnson..... Just got home from there in August. Home of our MCCSSS Schools. LOS/Motor T Mech, admin, supply, fms, red patchers, navy field med crap etc

Thread Information