Is there any way
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there any way

I enlisted into the USMC on July 1st, with the 03xx contract with my original ship date as being May 7th 2012. That ship date was soon changed by my recruiter, he told me my new ship date was December 12th 2011 but i have come to find out that i lost my 03xx contract and received the new Military Police contract. My whole goal was to have the 03xx contract so eventually i could try and become a Scout Sniper, with this new contract change i know my goal is now basically ruined. Is there any way i could switch my contract back to 03xx? I met a Recon Marine today and he told me i might even have to go to the regional office for MEP's and see if i could get it changed. I just don't think MP is for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorT92 View Post
    I enlisted into the USMC on July 1st, with the 03xx contract with my original ship date as being May 7th 2012. That ship date was soon changed by my recruiter, he told me my new ship date was December 12th 2011 but i have come to find out that i lost my 03xx contract and received the new Military Police contract. My whole goal was to have the 03xx contract so eventually i could try and become a Scout Sniper, with this new contract change i know my goal is now basically ruined. Is there any way i could switch my contract back to 03xx? I met a Recon Marine today and he told me i might even have to go to the regional office for MEP's and see if i could get it changed. I just don't think MP is for me.

You already asked this question in another post.

The answer is: Tell your recruiter you're not going anywhere until you get your infantry contract back. Period. Stick to it. Complain to his boss if necessary.

I'm sorry I thought it got deleted, it was his bosses decision to make my ship date this time and my contract MP. Another Poolee dropped out and i got assigned his contract.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm sorry I thought it got deleted, it was his bosses decision to make my ship date this time and my contract MP. Another Poolee dropped out and i got assigned his contract.
    Tell them hell no, you won't go unless as an infantryman like they agreed to in the first place. If that doesn't work, complain to his boss' boss.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Good advice...and just be glad that your ship date wasn't December 12th, 2012.

Needs of the Corps, son.

sorry Gunny this time it sounds like needs of the quota not the Corps

Sorry, but in the bigger scope of things, its needs of the Corps in the long run.

no Gunny you are wrong the kid was not to go till May of 2012 but as the kid says another kid dropped so the head Recruiter says so who can we move up..mmmm him ok he will may not like 03xx anyway so lets make him a MP and send him this year that way we have our quota for the month of Dec.

You say you lost your 03xx contract. Says who? Did you have a contract? A contract is a legally binding document. The only way that contract can be broken/changed is if you agree to it.

Yes, needs of the Corps come in, but in reality, what are the needs of the Corps? This is your life, also!

If your whole goal was to have 03xx and if you had a signed contract with a ship date, you can politely tell your recruiter thank you for giving me an opportunity to move up my ship date, but no thank you, I think I will stick with my contract, stay 03xx and ship when originally planned.

I had a similar situation I explained in other threads where I was told the Marine Corps, while in boot camp, changed my contract. I said no thank you to the change. In the end, I was offered to go with my original contract or "the needs of the Corps." Acting on the advice of one of my D.I.'s I elected to go with "the needs of the Corps," and it was a good decision.

Here is the thing. Most young men/women join the Marine Corps, serve their first hitch, and get out. Once out, the Marine Corps marches on with its endless need.

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    no Gunny you are wrong the kid was not to go till May of 2012 but as the kid says another kid dropped so the head Recruiter says so who can we move up..mmmm him ok he will may not like 03xx anyway so lets make him a MP and send him this year that way we have our quota for the month of Dec.
    I agree. If the kid had a contract, in my opinion it is better to honor the contract than send a kid to an mos that will make him a sh!+bird because he is saddled with a job he never wanted.

My recruiter called me and asked me if i wanted to go early, i told him of course i would i wanted to become a Marine as soon as possible. We talked for a little longer and he told me i would have to lose my 03xx "contract" or what i signed my job sou for. I told him politely no that i did not want to lose 03xx because of my goal of scout sniper, and he wasn't too happy about it but understood. Later on our gunny sergeant called me and told me that i was a "Program Dependent" Marine that i did not want to become a Marine unless i had it exactly "my way." That wasn't exactly the greatest thing to hear and i told him alright then that i would leave in December as an MP.

Later on our gunny sergeant called me and told me that i was a "Program Dependent" Marine that i did not want to become a Marine unless i had it exactly "my way." That wasn't exactly the greatest thing to hear and i told him alright then that i would leave in December as an MP.
    Wannabes and poolees post here quite often about being "pressured" into an MOS that they don't want, and that's what happened to you. If infantry is what YOU want, then stick to your decision on that MOS.
    You young men and women have to start learning how to say "no" when pressured into something you don't want.
    If you wind up hating the MOS you're in (MP), don't blame it on your recruiter or the Marine Corps, blame it on yourself!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If it makes you feel any better, after you've been an MP for awhile, you can try-out for the base SRT and possibly become a counter-sniper.

If you want to be infantry than wait. you dont have to ship until the final time you go to meps. if they wont give it to you then tell them you wont go. or go to another recruiting office. if you want to be a grunt nothing else is going to satisfy you.

Thread Information