Purchase of NCO sword and sundries for Marine veteran (my dad)-Questions/authenticity
Create Post

Purchase of NCO sword and sundries for Marine veteran (my dad)-Questions/authenticity

Hey, devildogs, and family,

My dad has pancreatic cancer and id like to buy him a gift-a replacement NCO sword. His was stolen in the very early 80's when he got out. I've looked at Atlanta Cutlery and WKC so far.

My concerns are thus: I want it to be as authentic as I can get it. I don't want to engrave it, unless that is 'ok', and i was thinking of shadowboxing it, a frog, a pair of white gloves, and maybe a copy of the NCO Creed together.

I don't want to get him a knock off, and I don't know if there are any other 'little touches' that I would want to include with it. I'm former Army so I don't know all of your traditional quirks, but I want to do my best and I can't ask him because I don't want to tip him off. Im also on a bit of a time crunch since I don't think he has more than about 6 months, so any help i can get in making this a presentation that he (and I ) will be proud of would be great.

He served in the late 70s-early 80's, he was Recon, and was a Hollywood. Other than that, I don't know a lot. Mom died a few years ago, so I can't ask her.

Thanks, all.

CAS

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry too Hear about Your PaPa...But give Sgt.Grits.Com a Try or The Marine Shop at Quantico,Va...It should Be listed on Line or tha Phone Book.GoodLuck and Your a Good Son to do this For Your PaPa...Mine was Career U.S.Army(RA).Semper Fidelis and have a Safe Veterans Day

Thanks, fistfu-ill give that a look!
    Happy Veteran's day to you, and all, as well.

CAS

Thread Information