VA Benefits Increase in '12...3.6 percent
Create Post

VA Benefits Increase in '12...3.6 percent

At least it's going up instead of down!

Better than 'zero' to be sure. Enjoy it, probably won't get another for awhile....

"On October 18, 2011, it was announced that there would be a 3.6 percent COLA for Social Security recipients next year. The Senate immediately and unanimously passed S. 894 to apply this same COLA increase to veterans' disability compensation payments. "

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Aid & Attendance Benefit

Please excuse my spelling. my Mother has enter ass living , she has six sons four daughters, four of her sons serve in Vietnam one of my brother is buried at Fort Logan, along with my dad, my father also combat ww2 vet he was discharge from Woodrow Wilson General Hospital,Stanton, VA 29 October 1945 he was never rated,never made a claim, he was in combat for 23 months in the South Pacific everyone i ask at th VA said there is no benefit to help my mom, well i keep calling VA asking when i went to my c group ,finally i found out there is ,i hope this helps someone elses MoM, "THE Department of Veterans Affairs Aid &Attendance Benefit" it took me almost a year to find out, good luck and God Bless your Mom , s/f

Your mother can apply for death Pension benefits with aid and attendance. Go to www.va.gov to download the orms for benefits. She will need to submit VA Form 21-534, VA Form 21-0779, VA Form 21-0416, VA Form 21-2680, your fathers military separation paperwork and your fathers death certificate The death certificate must show your fathers cause of death. Your mother must sign all of the paperwork.

Thread Information