How can I request to go to Ranger or Jump Schools?
Create Post

How can I request to go to Ranger or Jump Schools?

How can I request to go to Ranger School or Jump School in The Marine Corps?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo1992 View Post
    How can I request to go to Ranger School or Jump School in The Marine Corps?
    For jump school, you have to become a Marine first, generally in Recon or MarSoc. Sometimes you can get jump school as a re-enlistment incentive, if enough Marine Corps seats are available. If not, you would have to be in a jump billet (Recon, MarSoc, rigger, and a limited few others).

The Corps does not send junior Marines to the few Ranger school seats they get and those few are from Recon or MarSoc.

Either way, the Corps does not send Marines to those schools to fail or chicken out at the door.

Meanwhile, worry about getting through boot camp.

Join the Army....

Or you can join and ANGLICo reserve unit and go to both as an 0861.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtRSD View Post
    Join the Army....
    ^ +1

Seriously?

Really? Thinking that you'll have even the slightest remote chance of grabbing one of the Corps' few annual slots to Ranger or Jump School under your current contract?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=106664

That's a good one -- made me chuckle...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtRSD View Post
    Join the Army....
    Exactly- be all YOU can be!

Sorry, just not that likely for you to get, esp. in these days of budget cuts. However, considering the very, very few slots that the Corps gets for these high speed schools every year (Figure about 30 or so for Airborne, and likely about 10 for Ranger...that's CORPS wide mind you), ask yourself who they are going to send first....

Recon/MarSoc
    ANGLICO
    Admin

Not trying to beat you down by any means, but this isn't like college where you get to pick what class you want to take. Be the best Admin/Legal clerk you can be and go from there. An honorable field that the Corps NEEDS good people at (god knows S-1 sure could use intelligent Marines there instead of slugs) so concentrate on THAT.

Thread Information