Another intel/0231 ????
Create Post

Another intel/0231 ????

I have utilized the search function to no avail.

I am a poolee with a reserve contract for, specifically, MOS 0231.
    I've taken, and passed, the DLAB with a score of 108. I believe this puts me in Category III. Now my question is this; does a passing score AUTOMATICALLY send you to language school, or is it the needs of the Corps? While I would love to go to language school, I understand the needs of the Corps ALWAYS come first, and I may not even know until MOS school. Still, I would like to know, if at all possible, what is likely to happen. I've asked my recruiter and he cannot answer this question for me. Thank you for your time and consideration of my question.

-Samantha Cantrell

Reservist

Quote Originally Posted by scantrell View Post
    I have utilized the search function to no avail.

I am a poolee with a reserve contract for, specifically, MOS 0231.
    I've taken, and passed, the DLAB with a score of 108.
    If you are a reservist, and you already signed a contract, you are not going to be changing your contract unless you sign a new one. Passing the DLAB does not guarantee you the linguist job, though it is one of the wickets required to get the job. Does your reserve station have a slot for linguists?

I don't believe so. It is a small "intel production team". I have been told it is attached to a landing support unit.

Thank you for your response. I wasn't expecting to change to linguist, I just didn't know if intel reservists ever learn languages.

Again thank you, it is a win-win learn a language, or come home to family and my newborn nephew sooner.

The Marine Corps doesn't spend the big bucks to send a reservist to DLI. They want to get their money's worth.

I had a feeling. It's like you Marines say, you don't always get the answers you want. I'm still excited to go get that title! Thank you.

Intel is a great MOS (but I'm biased) and you'll have a blast. Enjoy it.

Thank you Sgt. Leprechaun I certainly hope so.

Thread Information