$10.92 Billion - Osprey contract changes recruiting?
Create Post

Question $10.92 Billion - Osprey contract changes recruiting?

Well, 's
    This article caught my attention: was wondering your opinion on the matter.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...Program-04823/

Comments?
    I wonder if a decent amount more air contracts will be needed even though 143 aircraft vs the USMC population isn't too significant... You think it will change anything? My main choice was an AG/AF contract so I kind of have a lifted spirit right now, whether it's deserving or not.

Cheers

Well we still haven't replaced all the phrog squadrons with Osprey's. So giving Cali the rest of their birds, then you have HMX going to VMX (53 to 22's), Hawaii and Japan, plus they need to replace the birds in Afghan which honestly should be their first priority. But with these new 143 aircraft they will probably be "C" block and either the block "Bs" will be modded or they will replace them.

Nice

Damn your response made me feel ignorant, haha.
    After some Google time, I understand what you said and now know a bit about Parkman, ME as well (I lived in Maine and never heard of it). Good stuff

So you think these V-22's will just replace all of the other models? (like CH-46's)
    Big question... you said they're subbing the phrogs, so will those contracts be shut down (any clue on specifics?)? since they started that project over a year ago (from what I read) it should be in the closing end by the time I hit school.

Any guess on what will happen in the future with other aircrafts?

phrog guys get shuffled over to the plopter.

53 is heavy lift, the skids are light attack. they are safe from the 22's talons.

...a guy from my bootcamp company got sent to 46s while i got sent to 22s. roughly 6 or 9 months later he shows up at my squadron to learn the osprey. what a bummer for him.

Are you still considering AG? I'm in training to be a V-22 Crew Chief, start flying quals in Feb. I can't speak for fleet life but if you have any questions about the training, I would be glad to help you out.

Thread Information