FY2012 Enlistment Bonuses
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post FY2012 Enlistment Bonuses

I have not been able to find information about enlistment bonuses online for the new fiscal year. I know that new bonuses open up at the commencement of the new fiscal year, which was 10 days ago. I will talk to my recruiter about this, but I wanted to get an idea of what is out there first.

I am taking the DLAB soon and would like the pursue a DC contract if I score above a 100/176. My question is, what are the enlistment bonuses right now for 26XX linguists, if existent?

Money is not the driving factor at all in my decision to enlist in the Marine Corps, however, I do not want to pass up the opportunity to earn one if it is available. Therefore, I want to do all I can to secure the bonus if there is one.

If there is anyone "in the know" about current bonuses or if you can direct me to the right source (I need to check MARADMIN...), please advise.

Thank you.

~BULLDAWG~

if you are joining or looking for money you will never enjoy your work, but if you love the job you do you'll never work a day in your career.

Wrong branch for money. Go elsewhere for the big bucks. Now pride, thats what is promised to you at the end of your long journey. Not just the 13 weeks but what follows for the next 4-30 years.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    Wrong branch for money. Go elsewhere for the big bucks. Now pride, thats what is promised to you at the end of your long journey. Not just the 13 weeks but what follows for the next 4-30 years.
    I am not saying I don't agree with you!! Hell, what do you think I have been hearing from people when i decided not to pursue a commission at this time?? Money, money, money...

But in my original post, I prefaced my question with "Money is not the driving factor..." because it is not...but it would be just FOOLISH not to take a bonus when I want to be a linguist despite the bonus...and it is not chump change either...in today's economy you'd be a fool to pass up that kind of opportunity...for my sake...and for when I start a family if that time comes which I hope it does...buy like I said...money isn't everything but I am not going to be a fool...joining the Corps trumps all of this though and I hope to earn my spot.

"...but it would be just FOOLISH not to take a bonus when I want to be a linguist despite the bonus..."

And that is correct. If you No. 1 want to be a Marine, join, but if the MOS or program you are enlisting under has a bonus, it is icing on the cake.

Did the same myself, at enlistment and again at re-enlistment. Nothing wrong with it as long as that is not the driving force.

Thread Information