Marriage/Housing Information?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marriage/Housing Information?

im a poolee going to bootcamp in april. and im engaged and looking for info on military payed wedding, any and all info on housing options and requierments.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    just realized where i posted this. can a mod move this to an appropriate page?

Quote Originally Posted by MMasoner View Post
    im a poolee going to bootcamp in april. and im engaged and looking for info on military payed wedding, any and all info on housing options and requierments.
    Why the hell would the military pay for your wedding? Its you who is getting married not the Marine Corps.

Your housing options while at recruit training would be she lives where she lives and you get BAH while there (I am married and have already done most of this paperwork for my enlistment) and of course till you hit the fleet you will be living on base and she will be at home. Then when you hit the fleet she can finally come with you.

im (I'm) a poolee going to bootcamp in april. and im (I'm) engaged and looking for info on military payed (paid) wedding, any and all info on housing options and requierments.
    The Marine Corps isn't going to pay for your wedding......and a bit of advice, if you're going to get married, wait until ALL of your training (boot camp, MCT/SOI, MOS school) is done with and you get to your first duty station. Your recruiter will not be too happy if you decide to get married "before" you leave for recruit training.

Without a doubt, one of the funniest questions I've seen in many a day.

SERIOUSLY?

And work on your grammar for crying out loud. You write like a partially literate 4th grader.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You can use the facilities free of charge and have a military chaplain do the ceremony proper but that's about it, you're footing the bill for anything else.

You get BAH (basic allowance for housing) and BAS (basic allowance for substance, I think) when you're married, how much depends on where you're at, the rate changes by zip code I believe. Don't know when it starts, I'm not married, but I think it's as long as the military knows you're married.

And fun fact, an ellipsis only have three dots, anymore is excessive.

MX, well done. Yes, BAH is by zip code...AND rank. Privates get less than Sergeants, for example.

And FYI, even if a military chaplain does the ceremony, you'll also pay for the chapel. They'll call it a 'donation' of course.

Did you ask your recruiter?

Well....I'm finding it quite laughable that a someone would even ask if the military would pay for their wedding.

OP....you won't listen to me but I'll say it anyway.....don't get married now.
    You are too young....period.
    Be smart and get through boot camp first.
    At that time you may see things differently or more clearly.

(SBcatch23....requirements was misspelled too)

That's my take on it........carry on.

Thread Information