MEU schedule/volunteering?
Create Post

MEU schedule/volunteering?

Good afternoon all...

I'm leaving for P.I. on the 17th and cant wait! I have just a couple questions regarding MEU's and deployments.

I signed up as an 0311 reservist with 1/25 in March. My ship date got pushed back a bit, and the unit I'm going to then left for pre-deployment training and has since deployed to Afghanistan. So, I've missed the boat on that one.

One of the reasons I went reserves too, is that at the time of signing up, there were no active-duty 03XX MOS's available, and 1/25 Charlie Company had a lot of slots for 0311's (to my understanding still do)...

So, if everything goes smoothly, I should be done with SOI mid-March. Since my unit is deployed already, and there is a drawdown in troop numbers, is there any other unit I could volunteer for?

I've been very very interested in M.E.U.'s for sometime and was hoping there would be a way to get involved with one. I've searched and searched, but I haven't found any solid info on their schedules or when they build-up/train for a deployment.

Just considering my options, because as of now, it looks like 1/25 won't be deploying for quite some time since they'll be just about getting back home once I get out of SOI. It's times like this I wish I had singed an Active Duty contract, but you know what they say about hindsight...

Thanks for any advice/answers.

I am pretty sure that if you join the reserves you have to stay with your unit. They count on you to be in that unit and more than likely they will not let you leave until you have done your time with them.

Understood. Given the deployment sparsity with reserves to begin with and adding that my unit is deployed now, I just wish I could get some experience... Thank you for your reply

Thread Information