Field Mp
Create Post

Thread: Field Mp

Field Mp

Whats the difference between field mp and just mp. I ran a search on it didnt find any results and i had a friend thats in active duty suggest i look it up. Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Well none of those explained the difference from field mp and just a mp. But that was a good read thanks Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    An MP is an MP is an MP. Sometimes you do garrison policing, sometime you're in the field.

If you're assigned to a base Provost Marshal's Office, you'll probably do mostly garrison policing. If you're assigned to a division MP battalion, or some other fleet MP unit, you'll mostly do field work.

Note that the Marine Corps, like the other services, is turning a lot of garrison policing over to a civilian police force made up of retired or veteran Marines. So garrison MP work is being reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    An MP is an MP is an MP. Sometimes you do garrison policing, sometime you're in the field.

If you're assigned to a base Provost Marshal's Office, you'll probably do mostly garrison policing. If you're assigned to a division MP battalion, or some other fleet MP unit, you'll mostly do field work.

Note that the Marine Corps, like the other services, is turning a lot of garrison policing over to a civilian police force made up of retired or veteran Marines. So garrison MP work is being reduced.
    Exactly what i was trying to find thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    I have been both,

Field MP from Division, attatches to victor units and deploy and do all the same things. Went through Sniper course, Machine Gunner Course and alot of ied training,

Garrison MP- drive patrol car, respond to base incidents and gaurd gates on base.

Thread Information