What is the GCT?
Create Post

What is the GCT?

Afternoon. I'm just discovering this but what and when do I take the GCT? What does the GCT consist of? Thank you.

I don't think you do. The GCT was what they used before they came out with the ASVAB... something like fifty years ago.

I took the AFQT in the recruiter's office and then the ASVAB at MEPS. I never had to take the GCT.

Good. I thought it was another type of ASVAB you take at bootcamp to make sure your qualified for you're contract still. Thank you for the feedback.

Did the Marine Corps have it own GCT in late 1968/early 1969? My GCT was 119. I been told that is to high of score for the Navy. I was also told that the Marine Corps used the ARMY GCT but I doubt that because USMC is part of the Dept. of the Navy instead of the Army.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN DAVIS View Post
    Did the Marine Corps have it own GCT in late 1968/early 1969? My GCT was 119. I been told that is to high of score for the Navy. I was also told that the Marine Corps used the ARMY GCT but I doubt that because USMC is part of the Dept. of the Navy instead of the Army.
    this thread is 3 years old, please pay attention to what you are replying to

Perhaps this will help (I took the GCT in 1956): (since I am not currently allowed to link to a website, go to the marines military website, link to Portals, link to 59, link to Publications, link to MCO%2011230.5C.pdf).

Thread Information