drug usage advice
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

drug usage advice

I know there's plenty of threads about the use of marijuana and the consequences of lying or telling the truth but I just wanted some answers for myself.

I'm not even a Poolee yet. Two months ago, I requested information about the Marine Corps with the interest of joining and sure enough the next day I got called up by a recruiter and scheduled a meeting with him at the station. I'm still 17 and during my senior year of high school, I smoked weed a lot. I stopped smoking marijuana and even cigarettes at the start of June because I was that determined to be fit (I was that big kid in class) and because my life wasn't all that great and I wanted the chance to better myself. I have been clean for about 4 months now.

Even though I'm not a poolee, I still go down to the station almost everyday to work out with friends I have made with the Poolees who see me as a regular now because I go so often. The reason why I'm posting this thread is because though I'm just an applicant, should I tell my recruiter upfront now? Or should I tell him when I enlist. Should I even tell my recruiter because on a lot of the threads I have read I see Marines post conflicting opinions. Some say to say no to everything. Some say be honest. Honestly, I'm scared to tell my recruiter because I fear he'll look down at me and discard me like a used towel because I failed to meet the drug policy.

Truthfully speaking, I am thinking more of lying than telling the truth because I don't want to not even have a chance to enlist but I know that if I lie and get caught up in it, not even being able to serve is a lot better than the brig.

Please give me some truthful advice because I'm in a state of internal conflict over this issue.

Drug Usage

It seems as though you have spent enough time down at the recruiter's office and put for enough effort, for your recruiter to see that you are dedicated. Tell him the truth, and he will guide you in the right direction. You must remember that all Marines were once civilians, with different backgrounds. I would be surprised if your recruiter didn't experiment with something back in high school himself. You are dedicated to bettering yourself, and you are driven to become a Marine. Your recruiter can see that by now, and will guide you in the best direction for you to meet your goals. Marines may seem like Gods to poolees, but we are all just people who decided we wanted to become the best that we could. Honor, Courage, Commitment. Don't be afraid to do the right thing, even if no one else will find out.

Credits
    Savings
    Alright thank you. I just needed some resolution on what I needed to do and regardless of the consequences I guess it's better to come clean now rather than hold back the truth that might get out later anyway.

I Dont Understand Whats So Great About Smoking Mary J. Alot Of People Want To Join The Service And Then They Are Crying Because They Couldnt Join Because They Smokeed Weed. Serves Them Right> Bunch Of Idiots!!!!

Well Thats My 2cents

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    Honor Courage Committment
    Guiding principals that will serve you well your entire life

Ever hear "And the truth shall set you free" ?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Truthfully speaking, I am thinking more of lying than telling the truth because I don't want to not even have a chance to enlist but I know that if I lie and get caught up in it, not even being able to serve is a lot better than the brig.

How can you say truthful and lying in the same sentence?

Do the right thing....let your conscience be your guide.

True definition of oxymoron............

Just like I tell my own kids...tell the truth. Lying ALWAYS comes back to bite you in the a55. That is a certainty.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Honor Courage Committment
    Guiding principals that will serve you well your entire life

Ever hear "And the truth shall set you free" ?

Credits
    Savings
    Yes it was stupid and a voluntary choice that I regret now.
    I'm just going to tell my recruiter and see where it goes from there. Thanks.

Exactly. While it's going to sting, it's better than that constant festering boil that never leaves.

Those who tell you to lie are without much integrity themselves.

Thread Information