reserve officer
Create Post

Thread: reserve officer

reserve officer

my recruiter advised me yesterday, on the day i come in to do my contract, that due to my alcohol related waivers shooting for a spot in occ as a reserve officer would be a better bet, however, i would like to make my living as a marine. i was told that as a reservist if i were in the top 5% of my TBS class i could choose to go active, which i am going to shoot for, but just in case i was wondering how the active reserves worked and if its possible to make a living as an active reserve.

Try doing a search on Marine Active Reserve here on the site and using google.

POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=28989&page=2

Ask a Marine forum rules..NO PROFILE NO ANSWERS!!! READ BEFORE POSTING..MARINES TOO!

Last thing before you post: You sure you did a search?
    There is a little box located in each forum, and one at approximately the 1155 position on the screen. Use them. They will help you. If it's an old topic (a year or more) you might want to ask a question about it anyway, PLEASE tell us that you found it, and wanted to know if the information is still correct. Things change and we want to give you the best information we possibly can give you. Again, though, sometimes it's best to simply ASK THE RECRUITER.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103170

I sense some confusion here. All Marine officers start out as reserve officers. After your first tour you compete for augmentation (now called career designation) into the active component. The top 5% of graduating TBS Lt's are augmented upon graduation -- so they do go active in that sense.

'Active reserve' means you are in the reserve component, but are activated and entitled to the pay and benefits of the active component Marines. So there is really no difference. Under the typical scenario I outlined for you above, most Lt's are actually active reserve officers.

Now, are you asking about the possibility of becoming a reserve officer and serving no time on active duty? If so, I unfortunately know nothing about that and will have to defer to someone else.

Thread Information