you guys ever cared romantically for a WM - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Served with lots of great Marines. Great leaders, great SNCOs, some of them women. Had a son with a beautiful Woman Marine 30 years ago, never married, and saw her two years ago with her husband (also a Marine). Our son is a great young man, he was a Marine also. Life is what we make of it, isn't it.
    Semper Fi, Tom

There is a WM I see at midnight chow every night at the North DFAC on Bagram. I would have a romantic relationship with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Wayne, I guess we did kind of care, after all, for WMs romantically, from a distance of about a thousand yards.
    Morning counselor.....

Correct.
    The one I saw from a distance was noticeably larger (ahem) than I would have thought acceptable.
    But, what do I know.

Carry on....coffee anyone?...I'm buying.

Most WMs back in the middle 60's looked like trolls from under the bridge. Also they could probably kick the crap out male Marines. What I now see is for the most very fine looking young ladies.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I was in school in Pensacola in the late 70's of course it was all Branches of the Armed Forces, more Girls than Guys there. I'm not going to comment about the WM's but the Air Force Chicks were HOT!!!

I fell in Love every weekend

Semper Gumby,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    When I was in school in Pensacola in the late 70's of course it was all Branches of the Armed Forces, more Girls than Guys there. I'm not going to comment about the WM's but the Air Force Chicks were HOT!!!

I fell in Love every weekend

Semper Gumby,
    Rocky

I fall in lust every time I visit #1 daughter at her unit. Good looking AF girls all over. They like Marines too, I've learned (just not 58-year old ones).

Credits
    Savings

WM's

Ahhh....I have to agree with the "someone said they existed". Did have several at 29Palms in Comm school as well as SatComm school, but that was all branches and civillians. Must have been the units I was in since in '82-'86 I know there was a good herd of them in everything except front line units. I understand that has changed somewhat too. I can tell you's all that Title IX is what did me in on getting promoted to Cpl in '86. My Co. CO told me this point blank. A freind of mine that I'm in contact with still is married to a reservist WM. He is still in, and in Afghanistan. The Corps caused a lot of grief for them until he went to OCS since she was an O. Never did understand it though since there was NO chance of them being in the same unit. He being in ANGLICO and she was in public relations at HQMC. Oh well rules is rules and they overcame and are still married and in love.

I've had a few crushes on WM while dating the woman who is now my wife. Never did anything about it though.

I did learn to keep my mouth shut though. Was on guard duty for MCAS Yuma and made a comment about a civilian going through the gate, turns out to be the a Marine's wife....who happened to be the MP Sgt in charge of me wife. Talk about getting an ass chewing, lol.

I was station with a few WM's at Cherry Point and had a relationships with a couple. To be honest it went rather well. Neither was a long-term deal but that was Ok for the time and place. I guess it just depends on your mind-set.

Neat topic.

Well, I suppose I'm the exception.

I had exclusive relationships with WM's once I got to 'The wing' in the 80's.

Never had an issue, really other than the normal expected ones.

And....ended up going on a blind date with another WM....who I'm still married to, 23 years later and counting...

So I am rather fond of 'em LOL

I saw some while I was in Boot camp at MCRD a whole platoon on them across the grinder them our DI said about face and that was the last WM I ever saw.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ha!

Hey is that a pic of your house? Looks good!

only for about a hour......... a very nice hour.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blockhead5 View Post
    Neither was a long-term deal but that was Ok for the time and place. I guess it just depends on your mind-set.
    That was the way I looked at it. I was like a kid in a candy store! I knew I wouldn't be in one place too long and it was OK. What is it with you guys want to marry everybody you lay down with? I never understood that.

It's a shame some of you have been jaded by a few of my Sisters out there. Kept y'all from missing out meeting some of us cool ones.

By the way, I ROCKED that fking uniform!

Of THAT I have no doubt! As I said...I always LIKED WM's. Hell, they understood (mostly) having to get called in, bull**** details, deployments, etc.

I dunno tho, maybe I'm the exception rather than the rule...

Thread Information