Fake Colonel Michael Hamilton given 16 months jail in Stolen Valor case
Create Post

Fake Colonel Michael Hamilton given 16 months jail in Stolen Valor case

Most will recall THIS scumbag from last year.

Mental health problems my AZZ.

From the original article....you'll note much of the usual nonsense...a non hacker decides to promote himself and claim all sorts of crap, then claim his records are 'classified'. Standard stuff.

"Court records indicate Hamilton served nine months and 12 days on active duty with the U.S. Marine Corps, was transferred to the temporary disability retired list in 1962 and was discharged in July 1967.
    His highest rank was private first class and his only award was a Rifle Qualification Badge, according to court documents......

Hamilton previously told The Daily News of Jacksonville that his records are classified and that he stands by his story. Military stickers adorn his SUV parked in front of his house."

Sentence passed in 'stolen valor' case

Published: Sept. 8, 2011 at 3:37 PM

JACKSONVILLE, N.C., Sept. 8 (UPI) -- A North Carolina man who impersonated a Marine colonel by wearing a dress uniform with regalia and medals has been sentenced to 16 months in prison.

Michael Delos Hamilton of Richlands was sentenced Wednesday after his conviction for wearing the medals and uniform of a decorated Marine colonel without authorization, making false statements to federal authorities, and defrauding the Department of Veterans Affairs of disability payments totaling more than $37,000, the Jacksonville (N.C.) Daily News reported.

Hamilton, 68, was exposed in the spring 2010 when he attended a veterans ceremony in Jacksonville in a colonel's dress regalia and displaying combat decorations including two Navy Crosses, four Silver Stars and eight Purple Hearts pinned to the uniform.

His attorney said Hamilton suffered from mental illness and meant no harm, though his "stolen valor" offenses outraged many local veterans.

"As insulting and distressing as it is to our veterans, it's non-violent," Public Defender James A. Martin said. "He presents a threat ... to our feelings, to our pride, to our sense of honor."

"His mental health problems clearly help explain why he was doing this."

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...#ixzz1XtprzWuU

good god lol He must be a retard thinking he wasnt gonna get caught especially in jville. hahahaha

What a Jackwagon does he not get the old saying that "don't do the crime if ya can't afford do the time".

Personally....
    I don't give a sh!t what excuse is provided by attorneys, shrinks, family or friends.
    One does this self exaltation by choice knowing they are just posers, phonies and cowards associating themselves with those who have served honorably, many of whom sacrificed limbs and brain cells.
    They deserve any punishment the system will be willing to dish out.

No, it's not a violent crime but unless one has actually served (sacrificed) they probably won't comprehend the degree of insult that it truly is.
    It also ****!s me off how few choose to serve our country in military but that's a different thread altogether.
    If we are going to keep the Brotherhood of courage (serving in general) sanctified and honorable these asskoles need to feel the pain.

That's my take on it.....carry on...
    (feels like my coffee is working well this morning)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Agreed, Wayne, he took the benefits with that phony bullss**** application of his, fk him....

(and, normally, someone does not get a house of correction or prison sentence unless he or she has a record.
    So I can see where this guy might have had a couple of other fraud-related things on his printout, and that would assure jail time)======
    That made me curious too.
    The 'jail time' seemed quite rare but I'm dammed happy about it.
    This mentality will never go away.
    At best, it can only be diminished by providing these ilk with appropriate punishment.
    (Hmmm....dare I say a location referred to as 'Poser Island')

Now....how do we get all those buckaroos back from this sh!t stain so they can be allocated to those without limbs and other injuries?

Carry on.....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dammmmm,He could have traded in that Top Row of John Wayne Medal's for The Congressional Medal Of Honor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Dammmmm,He could have traded in that Top Row of John Wayne Medal's for The Congressional Medal Of Honor!!!

Great observation.
    Maybe he should get (2) MOH's for the trade in.
    Wouldn't want him to feel stiffed with the transaction.

Carry on....

Credits
    Savings
    SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!! Well I do say maybe he shoulnt've got one dime from the VA but I KNOW they've got mental health peep's that would've helped him before he made it to this point!!!! Hey do look at the fruit salad on his right tit. Hmmm four CAR and three PUC awards???? Left tit looks like he hi-jacked those from Audie Murphy!! PURE JOHN WAYNE FOLLORE.........Nuff said. Over & Ouuuut

Thread Information