Marine Officer Programs - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Sirs (any), I know it has been a while since this thread was last used i hope i can get some answers. I DEP'ed in about 4 weeks ago and signed up for Legal Admin. Later on, I learned that there were ways for me to become a Marine Fighter Pilot. I'm a senior in high school, haven't taken SAT's or ACT's, but I do have an 85 on my ASVAB. I learned about MECEP thanks to your knowledge (Marines, Enlisted and Officers) and I asked my recruiter about it. She basically told me what i already knew from you guys. But my questions are:

-What should I focus on? Ex: My high school GPA? SAT's?

-How can i get my aviation guarantee? Or does it not apply to me since I'm not going to college until I qualify for MECEP?

Any answers that I can obtain are so much appreciated. I know i asked some questions like this some time ago, I just did not word them correctly. My fault.

Quote Originally Posted by duarte View Post
    Sirs (any), I know it has been a while since this thread was last used i hope i can get some answers. I DEP'ed in about 4 weeks ago and signed up for Legal Admin. Later on, I learned that there were ways for me to become a Marine Fighter Pilot. I'm a senior in high school, haven't taken SAT's or ACT's, but I do have an 85 on my ASVAB. I learned about MECEP thanks to your knowledge (Marines, Enlisted and Officers) and I asked my recruiter about it. She basically told me what i already knew from you guys. But my questions are:

-What should I focus on? Ex: My high school GPA? SAT's?

-How can i get my aviation guarantee? Or does it not apply to me since I'm not going to college until I qualify for MECEP?

Any answers that I can obtain are so much appreciated. I know i asked some questions like this some time ago, I just did not word them correctly. My fault.
    You need to be on track to become an officer. Work on your GPA and SAT so you can get into school. When it comes time for you to sign your contract to head off to OCS it will be ground, aviation, NFO, lawyer or reserve.

Sir, thank you. i will work on all of that..

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi,

I have a question regarding NROTC Marine Option. I enlisted this past June and have been active in the DEP since then. About a month ago my recruiters called me and had me start filling out the NROTC application. I hardly knew what I was signing up for at the time, but they just told me to do it because I am a senior at a college prep school. I have sent in my applications and am current applying to University of San Diego, University of Texas, University of Missouri, U of South Carolina, and U of Arizona. Now, enough of my life story(lol), my question is do you think the fact that I am already enlisted in the Marine Corps will help me be accepted into the program? I scored a 281 on the PFT but my GPA is about an 83 with a low SAT, which im working on getting up before the selection board meets. I was just wondering if any of you Marines/Midshipmen could give me your opinion on how much weight being in the DEP has in the selection process.

Thank you very much!
    Chuck

You're not enlisted in anything. You're simply in the DEP. You don't become enlisted until you step on those yellow foot prints.

I don't believe that you being in the DEP has any bearing on your selection into an ROTC program. You have no military experience so it should not sway a selection panel one way or another.

For those prior enlisted and now an Officer, I was wondering what is harder, enlisted boot camp of OCS?

If I'm going active duty, but hoping to get selected for MECEP to become an officer (to become a pilot) should I be worried about taking the ACT or my SAT at all? Btw, I got a 79 on my asvab if that accounts for anything.

Thanks

I went through bootcamp at PI and then got accepted to OCS in the same year. I think OCS was much harder physically and mentally, but PI had a much higher misery factor. ie pit, quarterdeck, etc.

BOOST Canceled

Just to let all the motivators out there know, the BOOST program has been canceled until further notice. MARADMIN 676/08 states that the Navy BOOST program has been eliminated. The current BOOST class in session will be the last BOOST class and will graduate during May 2009. So you better start getting you MECEP packages ready!

Can I make it?

Sir,
    I am currently on the MSG program and now putting together my MECEP package due to the canceling of the BOOST program. My college GPA thus far is outstanding and my ROS is great but...my high school grades are horrible. I know that their is a waiver for this but what are the actual chances I have in being accepted into the MECEP program with this problem. Thank you for the help.

Cpl Sardinta

I'm a Marine Sgt. and was curious if anyone can help me find a deadline for this year for the MECEP package. Is the MARADMIN or the order out yet? I have not been able to find it.

Also, is it true that you apply to the colleges AFTER getting accepted to MECEP. Right now, I currently take courses in my spare time and will obviously have to apply to colleges if getting accepted.

The MARADMIN isn't out yet for this year (FY10). It should be out sometime April-ish. Since it isn't out the due dates aren't out either, but they're normally due to MCRC sometime in October, which means your package would need to be done in the early summer to get it to everyone that needs to see it. Look at MARADMIN 270/08, the new one will look very similar to that.

Yes, you apply to colleges after getting accepted. You'll have plenty of time, plus if accepted, you'll get a 9 million requests from different NROTC's trying to get you to go to their unit. A lot of colleges will accept you solely on your MECEP acceptance, so if you are accepted its a good idea to apply to one of those if you don't get into your #1 school.

Thanks for the help, DIBLO7

monster,
    i am currently interested in putting a MECEP package together as well, and have done a little research on my own. The MECEP board meets once a year, every december. so plan to have your package put together and turned in no later than nov. the deadline date is normally a month before the actual board meets. already having certain things together will make the process much easier, such as official copies of test scores (ACT, SAT) and transcripts for prior college and high school. also printing off the info from your BIR/BTR from MOL isnt a bad idea either, since that info always seems to find its way into the paperwork. good luck with your package.
    also depending on how many college credits you have, you may want to look into MCP as well.

Thank you gentlemen that is a lot of advice and answered a lot of my questions. I have one more at the moment. I was enlisted and got out after 4 1/2 yrs(over 4 yrs due to stop loss) as a Sgt in 2003 i have just started school and was looking at re-enlisting or maybe going Officer. I know that the age limit for me to go back in enlisted is 32. I am wondering if there is an age limit for me to go Officer, also do i have to go to a college that has NROTC in order to do the officer program through college.

Thread Information