Possible ship date push back?
Create Post

Possible ship date push back?

Hey guys, finally made and account. Been reading here since last year though. I have a question though about shipping and ist scores. My shipe date is currently November 7th 2011. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the Ist pull ups section. My current scores are
    60 crunches
    1.5 mile in 11:50
    3 pull ups
    I know that is fine for the Marine standard, but my recruiter said I had to pass local standards:
    55 crunches
    1.5 mile in 12:30
    5 pull ups
    He said I had to pass them on Sept. poolee function.....in 2 weeks!
    I'm working hard on pull ups, but I'm not sure about 2 weeks. Can I not ship even though I'm passing Marine standards?

To help you with your pullups, Google, "Armstrong Pullup Program" and follow it exactly as it says. That should get you to 5 pullups.

Recon Ron's pull up program is great too. You should definitely be able to gain two pull ups in two weeks. I gained about 5 or 6 in a two wee period. I wouldn't be surprised, if you are dedicated enough, that you will be around 7 or 8 in two weeks time!!

As far as your recruiter pushing back your date, I am not sure. However, remember you are representing him when you go to bootcamp. If he sends a recruit down that can only do 3 pull ups, it reflects poorly on him.

Good luck!

I want as many as possible. I may even be able to do 4 max as of right now, but which would you say is the best program, Recon Rons or Armstrong?

I was reading both and I think Armstrong's would be best since my max is kind of low for Recon Ron's?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking7750 View Post
    I was reading both and I think Armstrong's would be best since my max is kind of low for Recon Ron's?
    Sure, go for it. If any of your friends have trouble with pullups be sure to point them toward the Armstrong Pullup Program.

Thread Information